Smeagol

Hi All,

I'm new here, and I wanted to introduce myself. I just recently lost my veiled, Smeagol, he was 5. Unfortunately I found this forum 2 days before he died. He was back and forth to the vets for 4 months, I just don't think she was very knowledgeable about chameleons. I have been reading a lot on this forum, and have learned a ton already. So Thanks for all of the great information. Anyway I just got a juvi Ambilobe from screameleons at the reptile show last week, what a cutie:D. Right now he is about 3" snout to vent. I'm guessing he is about 4-5months, any thoughts?

I have him in an approx 13" X 13" X 24" screen cage now. My question is when can I move him into his bigger cage, which is 30" X 30" X 48"? Here is a pic of my new boy Jack:)

Attachments

• Jack first pic.jpg
    Jack first pic.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 106
Great looking cham, what reptile show did you get him at? What did you think of the screameleons staff? I am probably going to order my panther from them.

:)
Hi All,

I'm new here, and I wanted to introduce myself. I just recently lost my veiled, Smeagol, he was 5. Unfortunately I found this forum 2 days before he died. He was back and forth to the vets for 4 months, I just don't think she was very knowledgeable about chameleons. I have been reading a lot on this forum, and have learned a ton already. So Thanks for all of the great information. Anyway I just got a juvi Ambilobe from screameleons at the reptile show last week, what a cutie:D. Right now he is about 3" snout to vent. I'm guessing he is about 4-5months, any thoughts?

I have him in an approx 13" X 13" X 24" screen cage now. My question is when can I move him into his bigger cage, which is 30" X 30" X 48"? Here is a pic of my new boy Jack:)

i think you should wait a while untill you put him in a big cages as he is still very small, but if you cup feed him you could move him in a months time, realy depends

Great looking cham, what reptile show did you get him at? What did you think of the screameleons staff? I am probably going to order my panther from them.

They were very nice and knowledgable, I met vince and Farrah. So far I'm very happy with my little one. It's only been a week since I had him, but very healthy. He ate the first day I got him home and was drinking right away.

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking wait until he's about 9 months?

Yeah wait until 9 or 10 months but then again I have a little Carpet in a 24x24x48 and he does just fine finding food and what not. It depends if your cup feeding and if you can get your temps right.

I am cup feeding because I want to monitor how much he eats each day, and I've also read here it's the best way to do it right? I was just afraid that for some reason he falls, it would be a long way to the bottom for him and he would get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom