New member with new Cham

Cheeky

Established Member
Hi all,

Im based in Cambridge, UK and picked up my first Chameleon last weekend :D

He's called Kamil (imaginative!) and he's a 4 month old Sambava.

I have attached a picture of his new home which has been slightly updated since the picture with a dimmer stat for the basking bulb and a dripper.

The first image of Kamil is from the day we got him hence the dark colouring and I think he looked a little bit on the skinny side. We have had him for a week now and the later pictures show him with a plumper belly and happier colours :)

When he gets really excited his dark bars go a very pale pink / red but he's not held the colours long enough for a picture yet.

Love watching this little guy explore and look forward to keeping you all updated on his progress.

IMGP1069.JPG IMGP1066.JPG IMGP1085.JPG IMGP1086.JPG

Hi!
Welcome to the forums, Cheeky!
I love to see when new members are smart enough to put thick vegetation into their enclosures, I am sure your little guy loves it! You could always add more vines give him more steady and high places to rest just like you did with the bending vine. But it is really a great setup at it is, well done!

Thanks Grim, I have added some more branches as you can see :)

Small update, happy to confirm that Kamil had his first shed in my care yesterday, 3 weeks since I picked him up. I need to confirm exactly when he hatched but he is about 5 months old now.

IMGP1213.JPG

Its not the best picture as he was pretty grumpy so I gave him some alone time.

And here he is a bit later in the day eyeing up another post shed locust. Starting to see some colour come through especially around his chin if you open the picture up it shows better.

IMGP1214.JPG

Oh and I got an arcadia basking bulb (no UV!) to replace my household incandescent, much better and gives a more natural colour which comes through in the photos.

IMGP1216.JPG

Haven't update this in a while, if a mod could rename this thread to "Kamil the Sambava" that would be great :)

Since the last update he's shed, he's getting a bit more comfortable standing on me (sometimes) and his red and yellows really come out on his PJs.

He is coming up to 9 months now so im putting together his new full size cage.

Here are the pictures:

IMGP1482 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1497 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1494 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1421 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1527 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1529 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1535 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1538 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1543 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

A few more, sun has been out recently so managed to get him out in the garden. This had the additional benefit of giving him a really good reason to climb on my hand, natural sun! So he's got really quite friendly now and comes to the door whenever I go into his room :)

Can really see his colours coming on since the last update.

He doesn't like planes.
IMGP1617 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1654 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1715 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1798 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1852 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1854 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

IMGP1864 by luke bloggs, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom