New Member - Hello People

frankie-gush

Just a quick Hi to all.

Just found this forum the other Day and decided to Join.

I currently have a Male Veiled Chameleon called Ziggy who is approximately 2 1/2 - 3 Years old.

I got him when he was young and took him to the Exotic Vets near me straight away for a check up only to find that he was a little underweight and and had MBD with a couple of bends in his limbs. :(
She sorted me out with something for him straight away which i administered through a syringe which was difficult at times.
Took Him back a few months later and was happy to hear he was much more healthy, although he would have to live with the bent limbs.

He's been able to get around fine, as they are only slightly bent, he climbs very well, and has a super strong grip, and regually wanders about the room he is in when i open the tank, as well as going back in when he wants to.
He'll let me handle him quite often although somethimes he just doesn't want to be disturbed and will have a good hiss at me, so i just leave him alone.

He lives in a wooden tank, purposely built for where i wanted him, although i am thinking of building a new cage made of plastic screen for him sometime in the future.

We've had all sorts of pets in our family from when i was a young child. Lots of different Reptiles, Dogs, a Tortoise, a Rabbit, & too many more to mention.

There are some lovely Chameleons on here with very caring owners which is so good to see.

I'll post some pictures sometime soon.

Hi Frankie....welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your little guy, but it sounds like you are being a very responsible parent with him and doing what needs to be done to give him quality. You will find a lot of useful information here as well as a wonderful group of people that are very knowledgeable when it comes to chams. :D

I thought i would ressurect this thread and re-introduce myself.

No idea why i stopped visiting this fine forum, but over the last couple of weeks i refound it & have decided to be apart of it.

I still have my Male Yemen called Ziggy, who is now about 5 1/2 to 6 years old, and still seems to be going strong, hand feed & cup feed him because of the problems i had with him when he was younger, but love him to bits.

I'll post some pics later when i've been to work.

Fran

Hey welcome back. If he is still with you then you must be doing something right. Glad to hear he is still doing well. Hope to hear more from you.:)

Back
Top Bottom