New member and new mother too a baby panther chameleon

The screen makes it difficult (for me) to see, but anything 1/2" dia. or smaller should be fine.
I use 1/2" dowels and bamboo plant stakes along with the vines & branches of the live plants.
Chams adjust quickly.
That’s what I’m using is a bamboo stake. Here is a better pic

Attachments

• 03C972D1-8019-47BC-8C70-9D959C8D4472.jpeg
    03C972D1-8019-47BC-8C70-9D959C8D4472.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 77
Much better, but I'd get rid of the hammock. AFAIK, chams won't use them anyway, and may pose a risk to claws. They're more for beardies. ;)

Much better, but I'd get rid of the hammock. AFAIK, chams won't use them anyway, and may pose a risk to claws. They're more for beardies. ;)
Yes I know and I tried yesterday but it would be easier and probably less stressful if I could get him out of cage for 5 mins. He wasn’t having any of it. Any suggestions on how to do that and not stress him out

Any suggestions on how to do that and not stress him out
A few. Others may have other ideas.

IMO, there's a difference between stressing out and merely inconveniencing.
  • You could wait until he's on the opposite side of the enclosure.
  • If his food cup is near the hammock, move it to the opposite side (Don't worry—he'll recognize it, and it's only temporary. ;) )
  • Just ignore him and do what you gotta do. He may become indignant (gape/hiss), but most likely he'll just walk away. Very often their reactions are more for show.

Any inexpensive digital thermometer with probe should do. For that matter combination hygrometers/thermometers with probe are pretty close to the same price, so they're an option too.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=digital+hygrometer+with+probe&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Go through a few pages. You'll see quite a bit of difference in prices for basically the same units (and those packaged for reptiles are obscenely priced). IME, they're all pretty much the same, so it's worth picking up a multi-pak just in case.

Avoid analog/dial types; they are notoriously inaccurate.
Ok I got the temperature probe. Should the probe stay in cage at all times??
Any inexpensive digital thermometer with probe should do. For that matter combination hygrometers/thermometers with probe are pretty close to the same price, so they're an option too.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=digital+hygrometer+with+probe&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Go through a few pages. You'll see quite a bit of difference in prices for basically the same units (and those packaged for reptiles are obscenely priced). IME, they're all pretty much the same, so it's worth picking up a multi-pak just in case.

Avoid analog/dial types; they are notoriously inaccurate.

Ok I got the temperature probe. Should the probe stay in cage at all times??
Yes, no reason not to. I have one zip-tied to the basking perch, and another hanging in space to measure temp in the top third (or so) of the enclosure.

Mount the units themselves out of range of misting; misting may damage or throw them off.

Back
Top Bottom