New mellers care?

Panthermartin

Hey guys well my little cousin has a young juev mellers probly 7-10 months old.Well me cousin hasnt been doing well in school and his mom says away gose hislizard so she called me to take car of it until he starts improving.My question is what is a good temp, humidity, and food for him.Rite now all they are feeding him is mealworms and i would like to change that cause i know its not a good staple diet.Thanks guys

Hey guys well my little cousin has a young juev mellers probly 7-10 months old.Well me cousin hasnt been doing well in school and his mom says away gose hislizard so she called me to take car of it until he starts improving.My question is what is a good temp, humidity, and food for him.Rite now all they are feeding him is mealworms and i would like to change that cause i know its not a good staple diet.Thanks guys

Have you ever kept a montane species of chameleon? A T. melleri is not going to be an easy task if so. They are a very tempermental species when it comes to food, temp, WATER. Check out Melleridiscovery they are a great source of info for melleri. Good luck

Have you ever kept a montane species of chameleon? A T. melleri is not going to be an easy task if so. They are a very tempermental species when it comes to food, temp, WATER. Check out Melleridiscovery they are a great source of info for melleri. Good luck

Easy task or not, from the location of where it's coming from it's pretty safe to say it's getting an upgrade in care.

There is a lot of good information on this forum too. Do a search for Melleri and Meller's? That has helped me. Also offer plenty of mistings. They are thirsty little creatures. I have been caring for one about the same age and he/she drinks more that me..

Check this web site out www.melleridiscovery.com lots of information.

Melleri like lower temps and higher humidity. With my guys I keep a basking spot at low 80's with an ambient of 77 at the top of the cage to 65 at the lower part.

Luckily these guys like a TON of water, my melleri get about 90 minutes of misting a day, 30 min in the morning increments through out the day and 30 minutes for their last mist and yes they shower and drink in the water constantly. I would suggest a automatic mist system unless you have tons of time on your hands like me lol

They need lots of room and tryst me they will use it all! I feed my guys a range of things: Roaches, crickets, super worms, silk worms, flies, dragon flies, mantids etc etc. The difficult part is finding feeders large enough. Adult crickets are a snack for my big guy lol so I would look into breeding roaches and boy they can eat a lot if you let them.

Melleri are more of a difficult species to keep but so rewarding hands down my favorite.

Hope this helps! Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom