New Johnstonii

They look great man cant wait to see all the lil ones from them!! and as always Great Pictures!!!!!!!

They look VERY NICE specially just 2 days after arrival,you do a great job keeping these guys;)
In the upcoming weeks colors will go way brighter and after a good shedding they look like new:D
Also nice to see the difference between Bwindi and Rwenzori.
What about their appetite,at our place they never seems to stop eating lol
Good luck with them!

They look VERY NICE specially just 2 days after arrival,you do a great job keeping these guys;)
In the upcoming weeks colors will go way brighter and after a good shedding they look like new:D
Also nice to see the difference between Bwindi and Rwenzori.
What about their appetite,at our place they never seems to stop eating lol
Good luck with them!

I have my fingers crossed that they do well. They have a ways to go before they are out of the woods. The Blue eyed male is the strongest, the other male is weaker and doesn't eat as well. The females seem to be eating but I'm sure the trip took a lot out of them.

I have already changed their setups. I had them in my garage in 18x18x36 screen cages but those were obviously too small. Today I moved them outside into 24x24x48 screen cages. The weather where I live should be ideal.

One thing I noticed is you need to water them for a long time. I was misting them for 10 minutes and dripping them but they weren't really drinking. Today I watered them for over 1 hour and it took them 30 minutes to start drinking lol. I go through a lot of water here.:D

They have a wide variety of food items available including Crickets,Roaches, BB flies and Horn, silk and super worms.

Great looking TJ's! Nice pics too.

Just observing and not having any experience with them. I dont mean to offend or criticize. I have a few questions.
1. The first male. His front limb looks swollen. The spot above the elbow towards the body (Og trauma?). Are the front limbs typically meaty with this species?
2. The second male. The black "web type" markings on his body. Is this, this species stress markings? Or is this a result of over crowding at some point (I do see some scarring)?

You have some gorgeous animals.

Great looking TJ's! Nice pics too.

Just observing and not having any experience with them. I dont mean to offend or criticize. I have a few questions.
1. The first male. His front limb looks swollen. The spot above the elbow towards the body (Og trauma?). Are the front limbs typically meaty with this species?
2. The second male. The black "web type" markings on his body. Is this, this species stress markings? Or is this a result of over crowding at some point (I do see some scarring)?

You have some gorgeous animals.

Well they are definitely not pristine animals. They have all the signs of being wild caught but after their extremely long journey in little containers some damage is bound to occur also. My red eyed male is already closing his eyes during the day I just noticed. :mad:

That sucks. Hope you can turn him around.

I agree with what you said about hydration and deparasitiation in the other thread. It seems difficult to get them to drink. I have dripped and misted extensively but they still may not be drinking. My male that isn't looking good and is obviously dehydrated. I have finally got him to drink by dripping directly on his nose and his poo looks bad. I doubt he'll make it at this point but others beware.

Fingers crossed, and toes:)

I agree with what you said about hydration and deparasitiation in the other thread. It seems difficult to get them to drink. I have dripped and misted extensively but they still may not be drinking. My male that isn't looking good and is obviously dehydrated. I have finally got him to drink by dripping directly on his nose and his poo looks bad. I doubt he'll make it at this point but others beware.

Fingers crossed, and toes:)

I have got my fingers, toes and hair crossed that with some TLC you can revive your male Trioceros johnstonii. These are times when a greenhouse would be a huge plus. Make the greenhouse a hydration room for ten days to revive wild caught or imported chameleons. Or if you have not got a greenhouse make a hydration room of some kind.

Jeremy A. Rich

Well he didn't make it. Nothing like waiting 10 months and have a chameleon 2 days before he dies.:mad: really bummed about that. I was really looking forward to working with these guys.

The other three still look good though.

So sorry you lost one, and he was such a handsome little male too! I hope the others will recover from their long journey soon. Must be so stressful coming all that way.

I have got my fingers, toes and hair crossed that with some TLC you can revive your male Trioceros johnstonii. These are times when a greenhouse would be a huge plus. Make the greenhouse a hydration room for ten days to revive wild caught or imported chameleons. Or if you have not got a greenhouse make a hydration room of some kind.

Jeremy A. Rich

+1 on the green house. If i remember right he has a GOC with a pretty elaborate misting system.

Well he didn't make it. Nothing like waiting 10 months and have a chameleon 2 days before he dies.:mad: really bummed about that. I was really looking forward to working with these guys.

The other three still look good though.

Thats gotta be frustrating, sorry to hear.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost the male. I worked with this species years ago and they were not easy to say the least. Lots of edema problems in the neck and limbs due to parasitic infestations and infections resulting from the parasites. Best of luck with your remaining ones. Slainte Ruth

Back
Top Bottom