New jacksons not eating. ..

mattj

So I've had my two new jacksons for a week now. The second day I had them was the first time I fed them and they both ate.

Now I haven't seen them eat for a few days. I had crickets in there pretty much at all times and tried butterworms. They seem to be ok, both are drinking. How long should I wait before I try something else ( force feeding, etc )

Can it still just be stress from moving? Especially for my female since I had them together at first. Then separated them and have still been tinkering with her cage til today. I think I'm finally done though for now.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

what method are you using to feed them? take a baby food jar and remove the label and hang it below his favorite basking spot or just generally lower than most branches and drop you feeder insects in it and leave his sight. when the insects are in the baby food jar they will walk endless circles and he/she can just shoot them out from above. ive only had my chameleon for two days and this method works amazingly. after mine gets more comfy in its environment im going to switch to hand feeding. although my cham seems to come to me when i open his cage lol Good luck though. let me know how it goes!:)

You are better off not using a see through jar/cup like that. You chameleon may shoot its tongue on the outside of the cup or jar and hurt its tongue if it gets stuck to the side. Use an Opaque cup where he can see movement in the cup, but will not shoot at the side and will figure out to go down over the top to get the food. Do not force feed. You have to give your chameleon time to settle in.

Back
Top Bottom