New Jacksonii Jacksonii Pair -- Gravid? Assist in shedding?

MeruJack

Avid Member
I just got a pair of Jacksonii Jacksonii two days ago via Snakes at Sunset. I have wanted to add a pair of this species to my crew for a couple of years. Now I have all three subspecies in my care. The female is greening up but the male is still pretty dark in color but is alert and eating fine. I think he just needs more time to settle in. The female appears to me to be gravid. Does she look gravid to you? Also, the male arrived in the midst of a full body shed. Tonight, when I looked in on him, the old skin made him look almost furry. The picture is a bit dark as he was resting in a cool/shaded part of his enclosure. I am wondering if I should spray him with some shedding aid or if it is best to just let him be during his adjustment period. What do you think?
Pair.JPG
Gravid.JPG
Shedding.JPG

Dude those look awesome! where did you get a jacksonii jacksonii pair? I would suggest spraying him with warm water as you mist down his enclosure this way he can drink and help the shed at the same time. It def looks like the female is gravid from that top view as well.

I just sneaked in to snap a photo of my sleeping male jacksonii. You can see his beautiful coloring through the shed.
Sleeping & shedding.PNG

Gorgeous pair. From my short chameleon experience I have to say, jacksonii jacksonii are probably my favorite looking species. My rescue veiled is currently eating up my time and money, but they are definitely at the top of my list of chameleon species I'd like to own some day.

I have a veiled. His name is Spike. I got him at an expo when he was the size of my pinkie finger. Jackson's are my favorite. I have 10 Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's (merumontanus). My most colorful boy, Turquoise, is pictured below. I have a single male Xantholophus. His name is Expo because I got him as a 5 month old CB at an expo last May. I had a HUGE female but she died of old age on Christmas Day :(.
Spike Veiled.jpg
Meru Turquoise.jpg
Xanth Expo.JPG

I have a veiled. His name is Spike. I got him at an expo when he was the size of my pinkie finger. Jackson's are my favorite. I have 10 Mt. Meru Dwarf...

Very beautiful animals! I can't wait to be in a position to get some of my own. The colors of Panthers are pretty, but I can't think of one that I'd like more than a good looking Jackson's.

just got a pair of Jacksonii Jacksonii two days ago via Snakes at Sunset

You sir are a turd!! Lol, just poking at you...I love this species and have always kept an eye out for them. I can't ever seem to find them around my parts. You have wonderful looking chameleons. I hope this pair does well for you....AND...I hope you keep me in mind when they do!!!;)

I have a veiled. His name is Spike. I got him at an expo when he was the size of my pinkie finger. Jackson's are my favorite. I have 10 Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's (merumontanus). My most colorful boy, Turquoise, is pictured below. I have a single male Xantholophus. His name is Expo because I got him as a 5 month old CB at an expo last May. I had a HUGE female but she died of old age on Christmas Day :(.View attachment 150236 View attachment 150237 View attachment 150238
How many babies do they usually have after the breeding?as far I know they give birth to live young:)

How many babies do they usually have after the breeding?as far I know they give birth to live young:)
The smaller Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's usually give birth to 5-9 live babies. The other two larger subspecies (xantholophus & jacksonii) usually give birth to 15-30, I believe.

Beautiful Collection I'm very envious. Rare find indeed! I also think your female is gravid. I hope they do well for you.
Thanks! I am hoping my cham fam is complete especially since I believe at least 2 of my Meru's are gravid as well as this new female Jacksonii...Time will tell.

The smaller Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's usually give birth to 5-9 live babies. The other two larger subspecies (xantholophus & jacksonii) usually give birth to 15-30, I believe.
That's going to be lots little horns growing in ur house,congratulations for the new female Jacksonii and the male of course:)

Back
Top Bottom