New jackson plz help!

isaacrm

Hi i just got this new jackon, temperature close to spot is 80F, it decreses as the spot get farter to the the lowest part of the cage 64F, humidity is about 70-90% i got an humidifider every 2 hours, dripping sistem as well all day long.

Ligthening:
Exoterra sunglo 60w.
2 UVA; 1 Compact AND 1 tube.
1UVB tube.

Cage.

Screen cage as seen on pic.

Diet.

Just got him yesterday so i have only tried to feed him on crickets and worms but no luck

The problem here is that he does not want to eat, neither from the feeders, brenches or my hand.

I have seen him drinking so thats not a problem.
Here are some pics, hope some one could give me some advise.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 203
Hey,

First off, you can ditch the UVA, all you need is the basking lights and the UVB Tube get rid of any compacts you have, they cause major eye issues.

Secondly, how long have you had him? Sounds like stress. You have to give him time to get used to his new enclosure. Give him about a week, and just keep providing him food. Just let him get accustomed to his new home. They can go a few days without eating trust me. They go on hunger strikes at times, if you keep feeding them the same thing over and over.

Jackson's from what I understand don't really like to be handled and prefer to be left alone but they can come around.

Keep us posted.

What brand is your UVB tube?
I agree with Shaner, get rid of the compact for sure.
Everything else seems good.
He will need some time to adjust.
Try to avoid handling or taking him outside for awhile. He needs to claim his territory and start to feel comfortable there.

-Brad

ok so ill get rid of UVA then, ive got him since yesterday (13-jan-2009) he just arrive from the breeder, ill not taking out to the sun untill he gets used to his new home then.
Im trying to feed him on crickes but he havent eaten yet.

Uvb ligth is a tube, the long one; and the uva its a compact one they are from exoterra.

Welcome

Your temps seem pretty good...what are the ambient temps where you are keeping your cham...I think ideally if you get the temps up to 80 to 85 ( for and adult) it should be good. If your temps don't get up that High you may consider using a regular light bulb to get the heating effects and create a basking spot for your cham... a 60watt bulb should do...adjust the temps by how high above the cage the light sits. Night time temps need to have at least a 10deg drop in temp. but I seen temps drop to 50's and had no problems.

Just like everyone else is telling you, your cham will need time adjust. some dont take that long some do. If you are getting worried about the eating. flies and other non poisonous flying insects provide great entertainment for you and are pretty irresistible to most chams.

Here is a good web site that I found that may also help with tweaking your set up..although the photos look pretty good.

http://www.geocities.com/chamjacksonii/

don't just rely on one site. take a concesus of a few and keep asking questions...

Again Welcome

OPI

Temps inside the cage are around 80.6F close to the sunglo and 66F on the lower part of the cage.

Humidity is about 90%, but i have a humidifider that turns on every 2 hours, so during the time that the humidifider is off humidity drops to 68-72%, until it turns on again for proximently 30 min every 2 hours.

He didnt eat again so its going to be 2 day with out food, but hes drinking well and walking around his cage.

Tomorrow ill try to hunt down a fly lol! to see if he eats it.

I've had my jackson for about 2 weeks now and he's been eating about one or two crickets every other day. He seems to be warming up to his new house like everyone says give him some time.

Day 3 and he doesn't seem to be hungry, havent eaten yet, he's drinking boot eyes open and active, I'm begining to worry any ideas?

your enclosure looked impressive!
the jackson also looked healthy.
Have you consider giving him different feeder to entice his appetite?
Try house flies, bb flies, or any other insect than what you are offering him (what exactly do you gave him?).

For now, my suspicion is he's still adjusting to his new environment.

so far now only crickets and warms, tomorrow ill buy some roaches and see what else i find!.

Some more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom