New Homemade Enclosure!

Emperor

Just built this enclosure for my male veiled, Rango.
Dimensions are 3' x 3' x 5'
My female cham will take the 2' x 2' x 4' enclosure, which is currently shared with both chams.

I'll update this thread with more pics as I get further along.
The cage is so big I had to build it inside the room because it wouldn't fit through the doors :cool: The floor is very messy lol
2w406ya.jpg

One of my chams:
6ptfur.jpg

Also, what should I do for plants? Getting plants for a 5' tall enclosure will be very expensive. What should I do?

Schefflerra and pothos. Both are inexpensive. Hang pothos from top. Schefflera is tall and will take up plenty of space. All together under $30. Probably more like $25

Schefflerra and pothos. Both are inexpensive. Hang pothos from top. Schefflera is tall and will take up plenty of space. All together under $30. Probably more like $25

Where's the best place to get these? Lowes, Home Depot??? I know Lowes sells Schefflera plants that are like a foot tall for around $10, which is expensive for how small it is.

That's quite a large cage for such a little Cham. Do you cup feed?

Yeah, I'll have a cup with 5-10 crickets at the bottom of the cage.

Where's the best place to get these? Lowes, Home Depot??? I know Lowes sells Schefflera plants that are like a foot tall for around $10, which is expensive for how small it is.

I just bought one from Home Depot for 10 bucks and it was 3 ft tall! I would shop around b/c 10 bucks for one that is only a foot IS expensive.
Also make sure that you clean the leaves really well and maybe think about repoting it before you put it in the cage with your chameleon. You want to make sure that it doesn't have any fertilizer or perlite in the soil! :)

You can raise the plants up by setting them on buckets or pots turned upside down. This will give you more foliage at the top.

I found a schefflera plant that was probably 3 ft tall and about 4ft diameter in the fullest part. Also found 2 pothos that were in hanging pots. I just removed the hangers from the pots, re-potted all plants with clean dirt, organic dirt and washed the plants off. I think in grand total, on the 3 plants, the bigger pot for the schefflera, and the dirt, I think I spent $50 at Lowes.

I just found the plants there too like 2 weeks ago. Now is definitely the time to check all your local hardware/landscape stores. I have a 24x24x48 repti-breeze cage and the plants were large enough to make my cage not seem so empty. I just made a post with pictures of my veiled cage.

My schefflera is a little over 3' and I bought it for $15 at Home Depot. 10 is way too high for a 1' tall schefflera. Try HD

Back
Top Bottom