New Here (Starting build for Female Panther coming beginning of Sept)

sorry I know its if of topic but I have a t5 HO 5.00 reptisun uvb How many inches should it be from my highest branch.
I think depending on which chameleon you have and the temp 8-12 in. is safe but I’ve seen them closer and be just fine especially if it’s dimmable.

Why not provide a gradient? :unsure:
What are you talking about? You still provide a gradient the further away you get... But without the branch being nine inches directly below the fixture your UVB is in pieces and disperses very quickly as you move out from under that light bulb. 1-2 inches to the side can go from a 3 uvi to a 1 uvi.

What are you talking about? You still provide a gradient the further away you get... But without the branch being nine inches directly below the fixture your UVB is in pieces and disperses very quickly as you move out from under that light bulb. 1-2 inches to the side can go from a 3 uvi to a 1 uvi.
I think we're miscommunicating.

If you run the branch parallel below the fixture, there is no gradient; every place on the branch gets the same UVI. How do you get farther away? How can you go 1-2" to the side of the fixture without something to stand on? :confused:

If you run it in-line with the fixture, but tilt it so one end is higher (or lower) you create a gradient.
Likewise, if you run the branch diagonal to the fixture ≠ but level, you can also create a gradient.

I think we're miscommunicating.

If you run the branch parallel below the fixture, there is no gradient; every place on the branch gets the same UVI. How do you get farther away? How can you go 1-2" to the side of the fixture without something to stand on? :confused:

If you run it in-line with the fixture, but tilt it so one end is higher (or lower) you create a gradient.
Likewise, if you run the branch diagonal to the fixture ≠ but level, you can also create a gradient.
Tilting the bulb is so smart! Never thought of it XD

Tilting the bulb is so smart! Never thought of it XD
You can tilt the bulb, tilt the branch (perch), angle the perch.... Lots of ways. ;)

I had to tilt the basking lamp for my beardie because that's the only way it would fit, and it created a gradient basking site. His cork log is also at an angle (he likes to climb it that way) which creates a gradient under his UVB. Right now he's had enough, so he's snoozing under the log (like a lean-to).

I just believe if you give them lots of opportunities & options, they'll find what they like & need.
Then if there are places they never go, you can probably remove or relocate those. :)

Back
Top Bottom