New here, getting all the info I can

f1ywhiteguy

Bought a place with a spare room back in January and looking to finally get all the herps I want so I can add to my current collection of leopard gecko and African fat tail gecko. Got my eyes on a panther chameleon either nosy be or Ambanja local.

Welcome on here! Go to The Chameleon Academy and read through EVERYTHING on there. The only thing that isn't correct on the panther care sheet there is the temps. 80°F for babies, 78-80°F for adult females, and 85°F for adult males. The humidity can be a little higher, too. 55-65%. That site has the most up to date and accurate info. If you have any questions, want advice, want more links, etc, let us know!

so far im thinking Hybrid enclosure and have a go big or dont get a panther mentality
shooting for 4x2x4 enclosures decided on hybrid as my house stays in the 70's all day. reptile/ office loos to be 75-78 all da with a 42-45% humidity
saw dragon strand is a sponsor here but any other enclosure recommendations? pulling most info from Chameleon Academy

Another commercially made 4x2x4 hybrid option is Zen Habitats! You can also build
your own with aluminum window screen frames with coroplast/PVC sheets, extruded aluminum with connectors and PVC sheets, wood, etc, or combine smaller commercially made cages, like 2 XL Zoo Med ReptiBreezes and/or DIY Cages and add coroplast/PVC sheets to the sides!

Regarding the cage, I’m planning on replacing some of the screen on a reptibreeze with plexiglass for a better view/humidity. I may also paint the frame to match the room better and then using foam for the background. You could connect multiple reptibreeze enclosures to get the width you’re looking for.

I like you’re thinking of going with a larger enclosure for a panther. They tend to be very active and I feel the 2’x2’x4’ enclosure minimal is still a bit uncomfortable, at least for many of them… some don’t seem to mind it.

Back
Top Bottom