New here! Couple questions

JessLeigh94

Hello everyone! I am not new to chameleon care, but I am however new to Veiled Chameleons. I’ve only ever owned adult Jackson’s so my new guy is a bit different for me. I’m not used to the stripes and colors! I was hoping someone could tell me how he’s looking, if there’s anything I need to get looked at, and there’s a black spot in his armpit I’m not sure about. I have no clue how he was taken care of before I acquired him, he is a little growth stunted and was pretty skinny but I’m fattening him up, he’s got a hell of an appetite! Thanks for any info. His name is Waffle. ❤️

Attachments

• DB75202D-7FFE-4BF1-B492-48AD260DA896.jpeg
    DB75202D-7FFE-4BF1-B492-48AD260DA896.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 46
Waffles looks good, healthy body weight. I would stop where you are as far as bulking up, chams are built to run lean.

If interested fill out the help form and someone will review veiled husbandry with you.

Welcome to the forums.

Waffles looks good, healthy body weight. I would stop where you are as far as bulking up, chams are built to run lean.

If interested fill out the help form and someone will review veiled husbandry with you.

Welcome to the forums.

thank you! I was told to feed him as much as he wants for right now, until he’s around 8 months old. I’m not necessarily “bulking” him up, but he definitely wasn’t eating enough before. He’s estimated to be about 6 months right now. He’s eating around 10-12 crickets a day. I will definitely get the husbandry thing filled out soon!

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post better pics of the black spot you are asking about?

sorry he’s not big on being held so I just have this photo, but it’s surrounded by some white. He’s got one on his other side in the same spot. It could be nothing, I’m used to Jackson’s that are just solid green but better safe than sorry

Attachments

• AFE4C44F-712B-4336-AD7C-B2566366FBB3.jpeg
    AFE4C44F-712B-4336-AD7C-B2566366FBB3.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom