New heat source of reptiles?

It’s definitely interesting and something I would love to try on the chams especially with winter coming. We drop down to the 40-30 here and I need to keep these guys warm

I vaguely remember lots of people snubbing their noses at it when it first came out due to not producing light. The theories were the same as with ceramic emitters, not good for chams because "they need light to find the heat" lol. I can say, I've tried che's and found mine to still "find their way to the heat" just fine. But, like most other things in this hobby, "change/ new ways = bad, must stay with old tried and true ways".

I vaguely remember lots of people snubbing their noses at it when it first came out due to not producing light. The theories were the same as with ceramic emitters, not good for chams because "they need light to find the heat" lol. I can say, I've tried che's and found mine to still "find their way to the heat" just fine. But, like most other things in this hobby, "change/ new ways = bad, must stay with old tried and true ways".
I agree I recently switched to a Che for heat for Larry and he’s find it just fine. I was tired of my heat bulbs burning out and thought this was a next better option. From looking into it it does product a small about of light, under 4 lux, the coil does turn red so it does product something. I get ppl don’t like change but sometimes change is good. I’ll be buying the bulb and let everyone know how Larry does with it ❤

Last edited:
I agree I recently switched to a Che for heat for Larry and he’s find it just fine. I was tired of my heat bulbs burning out and thought this was a next better option. From looking into it it does product a small about of light, under 4 lux, the coil does turn red so it does product something. I get ppl don’t like change but something change is good. I’ll be buying the bulb and let everyone know how Larry does with it ❤

Cool, I'm debating on trying them for my new python setups but may stay with halogen for the shallower fixtures.

Yeah, it was one I suggested @GoodKarma19 see if it was available since her options are so limited up there. After seeing the par number for 12" below though, over priced for me.

Could be ok for like, a long/low terrarium, but maybe not an arboreal enclosure... at least not without some sort of spotlight!

...my lack of options make me very sad. I still need y'all to smuggle me the goods! :p :LOL:

Could be ok for like, a long/low terrarium, but maybe not an arboreal enclosure... at least not without some sort of spotlight!

...my lack of options make me very sad. I still need y'all to smuggle me the goods! :p :LOL:

Yup, a low boy maybe but then with the spread you'd need multiple fixtures lol.

Back
Top Bottom