New guy , with a couple of questions :)

yoshi1

Hey guys ! ,

New to this forum il let you all know ! :D

Right iv got a Blue bar ambilobe chameleon called Yoshi ! :) In a small vivarium (temporary home).

Just built a new BIGGER viv, which is just over 53inches tall and 24inchs deep and wide. The front has two pairs of sliding door the first 3foot long then the bottom ones are 1foot separated via a support bar.

So far I have a bathroom radiator to heat the viv at night on a thermostat , a basking lamp of 100w also on a thermostat and 2 24inch t5 tubes running across the top of the viv, and Exo terra reptile carpet for the bottom, and a DIY humidifier running thought the top panel of the viv

THE QUESTIONS ! :p

Is there any chance or what's the best way to prevent the wood rotting due to misting silicone the corners or apply a coat of something to the woods face (Woods made from melamine stuff)

Whats the best way to feed then , I don't really want the crickets jumping to the bottom of the viv where the plant soil will be . . .

Anyone made a background this long which has branches and plant pots in for plants , if so . . . HELP !

Also what tubes shall I have both UVB or one UVB and one plant ?

Also hes become addicted to meal worms and super worms , ano my fault !! I was thinking just to feed him crickets and if he is that hungry he will eat , or will he starve him self ?

Also any photos of peoples vivs ?

Thanks Guys !

Welcome to the forums :D
I'm not experienced with building vivs so I can't help you with that stuff :(
As far as eating though he should eat eventually if he is hungry I think. If you don't want crickets running around you can use a tall dish (like tuber-ware) or check on you tube for a feeder cup video. There are lots of videos that can show how to make a feeding cup that your cham can eat out of instead of having roaming food.
If your plants aren't going to get any sunlight i would get a uvb and a 6500k bulb to help the plants grow.
Someone should comment that can help you out more. You can also try searching through the enclosures and supplies threads and see what other threads there are about building cages.

Back
Top Bottom