New guy to the forum

BlueBoy

Hi guys! I'm new here and would just like to introduce myself. I'm Thomas from Houston, Texas. 47 years old (not a child) I do NOT have a Chameleon as of yet. I really want one, so I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum, so I can learn and educate myself before running out and getting one! So I will be reading and stalking (lol) in the background learning all I can. I will search for my answers but if I can't find them, I may pop in and ask questions from time to time. I hope that will be OK with everyone? Thank you!

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums Thomas. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. What species of chameleon are you interested in?

Welcome Thomas (Yea another Texan!) you came to the right place these people know more than any book or internet site you will ever fine.

Hello Thomas and welcome to the forums. I am not a child either (53) but I do have chameleons!. Age does not matter when it comes to chameleon keeping. We come in all shapes, sizes and ages! This forum is your best source of knowledge hands down. No books, or websites can ever give you the education you will get on here.

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums Thomas. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. What species of chameleon are you interested in?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm most attracted to the Panther chameleons! But I like the Veiled as well. What would you say are the most HARDY and idiot proof of the two? lol

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm most attracted to the Panther chameleons! But I like the Veiled as well. What would you say are the most HARDY and idiot proof of the two? lol

I keep both and their care is just about the same. As long as you do your research and buy a nice healthy Cham to start with then you should do fine.
I have a blog for new keeps linked below that you may find useful.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

More great info in this link.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/chameleons/

Welcome.... This is a great place to learn about the care and keeping of Chameleons. The members are full of great advice and I have learned so much. Read the caresheets under the resources tab. great information in a easy to understand format. Also, ask questions. :D You will get correct answers. I learned the hard way to not listen to the employees at pet stores.

I'm sure panthers are great chameleons but so are veileds. There are good care sheets on both. Be sure to read up on feeders and gut loading them. There is also great information on enclosures and lighting.

Again welcome...

Back
Top Bottom