New girl sick?

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, Female, around 3 months old. Almost a month?
  • Handling - Never, just this time cause she is sick
  • Feeding - Dusted fruit flies. 15-20 Feed them all in the morning. repashy.
  • Supplements - All exo-terra supplements, with d3 every feeding, with d3 and multivitamin every 2 weeks.
Too much D3. Dusting of feeders for panthers should be calcium NO D3 everyday, Calcium WITH D3 once every 2 weeks, and a multivitamin without D3 but with Vitamin A once every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - Hand mist? 3-4 times a day No
Babies get dehydrated really fast and need to drink more often and more frequently. Consider getting a Mistking or some sort of auto-mister that goes off every hour or 2.
  • Fecal Description - I posted a pic in this thread. haven’t been tested for parasites.
  • History -
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Screen cage 12x12x18
This is fine for now but in the future around 6months old she will need at least a 2x2x4 all screen enclosure.
  • Lighting - flukers t5 linear bulb and 40w incandescent bulb
  • Temperature - 85 Basking , 75 77 cage floor Lowest overnight temp 73. Digital thermometer
Babies don't like it too hot. No hotter than 82*
  • Humidity -55- 65 With digital hygrometer
Humidity should not be a constant thing. Being lower in the 50% during the day and upwards of 70-80% at night
  • Plants - Yes, pothos.
  • Placement -Over a table (3ft tall) Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor. 3 ft below the ceiling.
  • Location - Mexico City
Current Problem - Sleeping during day, lethargic, not eating nor drinking.

Consider a vet visit for her.

Hello everyone,
Clío passed away yesterday when she was being checked by the vet.
The vet told me that he didn't have a true diagnose for her, told me that probably was because she had a few parasites, and maybe there was an abnormal drop of temp at night and her defenses went down and that's when the parasites attacked her.
I couldn't let you know before because I was completely destroyed.
Many thoughts in my head right now.
I buried her and planted an umbrella plant, so she somehow can give life to others.

Hello everyone,
Clío passed away yesterday when she was being checked by the vet.
The vet told me that he didn't have a true diagnose for her, told me that probably was because she had a few parasites, and maybe there was an abnormal drop of temp at night and her defenses went down and that's when the parasites attacked her.
I couldn't let you know before because I was completely destroyed.
Many thoughts in my head right now.
I buried her and planted an umbrella plant, so she somehow can give life to others.
My deepest condolences..RIP Clio

Back
Top Bottom