New girl sick?

marcsman16

Established Member
Hello everyone!!
I've had Clío (baby female ambilobe) for about 1 month. Two days ago started sleeping during the day and yesterday she didn't eat a single fruit fly.
Here's a pic of her poop and a pic of her.

Attachments

• 20190428_131351.jpg
    20190428_131351.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190428_131317.jpg
    20190428_131317.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 178
Ambient temp around 75. she's not resting below her basking spot.
Something is wrong since she is not basking at all that means she is not warming up for her to be in an optimal digestion...do u have a smaller cage or can u make sure she is basking at least in 80 degree range since she is not drinking properly ..i dont want her to be more dehydrated if the temp is hotter but she needs to be in the warm basking condition...mist around her more so hopefully she will start drinking more...keep monitor her closely.

Something is wrong since she is not basking at all that means she is not warming up for her to be in an optimal digestion...do u have a smaller cage or can u make sure she is basking at least in 80 degree range since she is not drinking properly ..i dont want her to be more dehydrated if the temp is hotter but she needs to be in the warm basking condition...mist around her more so hopefully she will start drinking more...keep monitor her closely.
Thanks a lot.
I REALLY appreciate your concern :)

I moved her below her basking spot at around 85 and mist all over the cage (12x12x18) Is it ok?

I moved her below her basking spot at around 85 and mist all over the cage (12x12x18) Is it ok?
For her size at the moment that size enclosure should be okay. But after a month or two at the most, it’s highly recommended you get a bigger enclosure. (Bigger in height) so she’ll have more to climb up and down. Temps between 80-85 are good

@Matt Vanilla Gorilla Sir would you please take a look at this thread. Little one is not doing so well.

To the OP can you fill this out so we have additional info on her?
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

At her size fruit flies are kind of small and might not entice her. I reccomend hydrating her well. Try the shower method. Put the chameleon on a plant and turn the shower on Luke warm. Bounce the water off the wall right above the plant so that a fine mist that is lukewarm hits the baby. Have enough bright light so she can see. Leave her there supervised for 30 minutes twice a day.

I still agree, she needs to see a vet.

At her size fruit flies are kind of small and might not entice her. I reccomend hydrating her well. Try the shower method. Put the chameleon on a plant and turn the shower on Luke warm. Bounce the water off the wall right above the plant so that a fine mist that is lukewarm hits the baby. Have enough bright light so she can see. Leave her there supervised for 30 minutes twice a day.

I still agree, she needs to see a vet.
Thank you Matt :)

Lower the temperature down a bit
Lower the temperature in between 80 F- 82F..85F is too high for a dehydrated female baby.forget the fruitfly like Matt suggested..she is passing the fruit fly stage..pinhead cricket is what u need to feed her with.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, Female, around 3 months old. Almost a month?
  • Handling - Never, just this time cause she is sick
  • Feeding - Dusted fruit flies. 15-20 Feed them all in the morning. repashy.
  • Supplements - All exo-terra supplements, with d3 every feeding, with d3 and multivitamin every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - Hand mist? 3-4 times a day No
  • Fecal Description - I posted a pic in this thread. haven’t been tested for parasites.
  • History -

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Screen cage 12x12x18
  • Lighting - flukers t5 linear bulb and 40w incandescent bulb
  • Temperature - 85 Basking , 75 77 cage floor Lowest overnight temp 73. Digital thermometer
  • Humidity -55- 65 With digital hygrometer
  • Plants - Yes, pothos.
  • Placement -Over a table (3ft tall) Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor. 3 ft below the ceiling.
  • Location - Mexico City
Current Problem - Sleeping during day, lethargic, not eating nor drinking.

Back
Top Bottom