New Furcifer species

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Thought I'd let everyone know that Glaw, Koehler & Vences just published a discription of a new Furcifer species, Furcifer timoni, in Zootaxa. This is the species from Montagne d'Ambre that has had photos floating around for a number of years. The males have a pair of paddle-like horns similar to those of F. petteri and a partial oblique band on the flanks. Nice species.

Chris

Sounds like a good cham, it will be nice to see pictues, any idea yet about colors? Thanks for the information.

Yeah, that pdf is the first page of the description and the photo is one of the photos of the male from the descirption. The gravid females are more impressive in my opinion. They are a rich green color with bright red and blue on the top of the casque. The flanks have scattered enlarged blue scales and an orange-red band extends down the length of the body on the lower flanks and a second oblique band of similar color is on the anteriodorsal portion of the flanks. They then have a darker green, widely spaced barring pattern all over their body that almost gives them a tiger stripe look to them.

Chris

thats the female :)
We found her on our last trip to Madagascar with Tanalahorizon

DSC_4212.jpg

www.chameleons-vl.be

I'm not sure what to ask, is she a blue lip? white lip? yellow lip? lol!!! :D

When are they gunna name a sp. after you Chris for your dedication!!! :eek::)

Back
Top Bottom