New free range and Montium Pictures(Hank)

gogochameleon

Thank you for the compliments, these chams are alot of fun and love. I will be taking more pics tomorrow, maybe tonight when he sleeps. I have not wieghed him or measured him, but I will. He get shy when a few or more people get close to his cage but then settles down. For the about 3/4 of the day he zooms all over his enclosure and loves attention here and there, loves to be held and get out of that cage(heard they were more shy but mine not so much) He was WC and I had him in a 4hx3wx2d ish screen cage which he was "liking" but I feel bad because he is WC so I just finished his free range tonight and here it is. Buying a mister but Im home often so and i can keep humidy unusally above 75 around his tree by misting with bottle. He drinks from leaves and by bottle all the time. Still adapting to his new environment but liking it. Now gonna build a driper. Ill post more. Anything I can add besides a dripper?? Also was wondering how many med crickets he should be eating normally. He is a dult and about 10 in?

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/gogochameleon/

I commend you for trying to give your animal a more natural environment. My daughter use to buy wild caught and sometimes they wouldn’t eat after being caged and sometimes they would die. I don’t know much about your species but I believe all chameleons need UVB. The free range will also need lights. Do you have a UVB light?

I commend you for trying to give your animal a more natural environment. My daughter use to buy wild caught and sometimes they wouldn’t eat after being caged and sometimes they would die. I don’t know much about your species but I believe all chameleons need UVB. The free range will also need lights. Do you have a UVB light?

yes I do have lights, I use a 5.0 uvb and daytime basking bulb, and 2 T-12 plant lights for the plants.

The next time you should build a dripper before you buy a chameleon species like Trioceros montium...:eek:

I hear ya, the dam pet stores here did not give us any good info at all. I should have had alot of things when we got him, I bought more stuff for him the following couple weeks after I got him because of misinformation. If we followed the pet store direction he would have NOT made it so when I got him I was not aware!! Just built a dripper for him. He drank already. I cant believe the store told me so much crap! The manager even got his chameleon "expert" and he was all wrong. Luckily I have the money and lots of time to care for him so he is set up now. Thanks for everyone help

Never just hear to the advice of so who will lives from the stuff you buy from him. Morality ends when you need a certain number of sales

Back
Top Bottom