New forest edge style enclosure. I found a large ficus! Pics added!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I re did Eustis’s enclosure today because I found a large ficus Benjamina!!! I’ve been looking for one all summer! I moved out the large mass cane I had in there and put in the ficus and it looks just like a forest edge type enclosure that Bill Strand shows pictures of in his course, “ how to set up your chameleon cage”. This is what he recommends. Eustis can really get lost in this! I had to take out all my branches and dowels I had zip tied in there just to get the tree in then I had to reconfigure all those branches and dowels after I did. I still have my humidity/ temp gauges in there but out of the reach of the misting nozzle. Finally I am happy with his enclosure!

Attachments

• D3AB804C-9E1F-412C-A2DB-2BD05C2C3F2B.jpeg
    D3AB804C-9E1F-412C-A2DB-2BD05C2C3F2B.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 253FB2F8-AD35-483E-AEEB-29DF7151EEF8.jpeg
    253FB2F8-AD35-483E-AEEB-29DF7151EEF8.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 9E1365F5-4B93-4FB3-AD98-A05E63771163.jpeg
    9E1365F5-4B93-4FB3-AD98-A05E63771163.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 749BCC4D-CDE0-40BB-AAE8-A5EEA0131AEF.jpeg
    749BCC4D-CDE0-40BB-AAE8-A5EEA0131AEF.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 142
I re did Eustis’s enclosure today because I found a large ficus Benjamina!!! I’ve been looking for one all summer! I moved out the large mass cane I had in there and put in the ficus and it looks just like a forest edge type enclosure that Bill Strand shows pictures of in his course, “ how to set up your chameleon cage”. This is what he recommends. Eustis can really get lost in this! I had to take out all my branches and dowels I had zip tied in there just to get the tree in then I had to reconfigure all those branches and dowels after I did. I still have my humidity/ temp gauges in there but out of the reach of the misting nozzle. Finally I am happy with his enclosure!

Very cool! Eustis is a lucky Cham ❤️

Looks great! (y) Hope you have better luck with your Ficus benjamina than we did! :oops: 🤞
(Watch for pests! ;) ) I like Ficus & similar because once they're big enough, they eliminate the need for extra branches—plants like that come with their own! 😁 The Schefflera arboricola has gotten that way— Grumpy climbs all over it.

AMAZING

Back
Top Bottom