New Fischers Chameleon

luisramon

Hey, i was thinking of adding a new chameleon to my chameleon family, this time a Bradypodion Fischeri, im not sure if i spelled it right; anyways y was wondering if you guys can help me out, the photos of the chameleon is the one they are going to ship me.
Do you think he look healthy?

Also, i made his enclosure, i will attach also photos of his cage.

I would really appreciate all of the help posible.

Thank You.

Attachments

• IMG_8242.JPG
    IMG_8242.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_8243.JPG
    IMG_8243.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_8239.JPG
    IMG_8239.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8232.JPG
    IMG_8232.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_8230.JPG
    IMG_8230.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 326
Hey, i was thinking of adding a new chameleon to my chameleon family, this time a Bradypodion Fischeri, im not sure if i spelled it right; anyways y was wondering if you guys can help me out, the photos of the chameleon is the one they are going to ship me.
Do you think he look healthy?

Also, i made his enclosure, i will attach also photos of his cage.

I would really appreciate all of the help posible.

Thank You.

His casque looks a bit sunken, so be sure you hydrate him and keep close track on the cage humidity. B. fischeri are very active and I bet he'll need a lot more space in his cage. Live foliage will help maintain the cage humidity too. I think I would remove the dark chunk of (cork bark??) to give him more climbing room.

Thanks for the advice, the cork, bark thing is a special foam, and now i can't take it of, the terrarium is 1.20cm tall, 45 cm wide and 80 cms depth,(With the cork, bark dark thingy u mention) i think that is plenty of space, also so u really think his casque is sunken? all of the pictures i`ve looked online of fishers chameleon look the same

Thanks for your advice

Just a heads up, fischeri have been reclassified to Kinyongia and are not considered Bradypodion anymore. You may be able to find more information on them in that section. Good luck if you do get him!

Just a heads up, fischeri have been reclassified to Kinyongia and are not considered Bradypodion anymore. You may be able to find more information on them in that section. Good luck if you do get him!

Also, the animal in the photo is not actually considered fischeri any longer, but rather is its own species, Kinyongia multituberculata. They are still commonly called Fischer's Chameleons, but it is not reflective of their species name.

That said, the animal looks very healthy to me.

Chris

Also, the animal in the photo is not actually considered fischeri any longer, but rather is its own species, Kinyongia multituberculata. They are still commonly called Fischer's Chameleons, but it is not reflective of their species name.

That said, the animal looks very healthy to me.

Chris

I stand corrected. I noticed this in the bradypodion forum and didn't even think that far into it. Thanks Chris.

Thank you guys very much, now i feel a lot more reliefed to know some people do like and maintain this species in captivity. I already ordered it as soon as i get him i will post some photos of him, thank you all again

I was curious as to what the long, green cylinder is in the left top corner of his enclosure. Is it a feeder of some sort or a dripper? Just curious. Thanks!

Just don't tell him his butt looks big in those jeans. I have a feeling he may have a complex. Portly little thing. :D

Yes, it is his feeder, it works awesome couse the crickets and roaches move around and he gets very curious about it.

What do you meean he has a complex?
are you joking or you seroiously think he is "sick"

Thank you all so much.:D

Back
Top Bottom