new family members

I just added 12 chickens to my family!!!

I now have 12 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 veiled cham, a Cricket colony, way too many plants, and an awesome girlfriend who is just as excited to have this many pets!

I just added 12 chickens to my family!!!

I now have 12 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 veiled cham, a Cricket colony, way too many plants, and an awesome girlfriend who is just as excited to have this many pets!

I love chicken curry... ;)

:)
chicken2.jpg

escape2.jpg

Fresh eggs are the best! I had chickens as a kid and loved having them around. What kind of chickens are they and are they chicks or adults?

Right now I actually have 50 eggs hatching in my kitchen! Any of our Texas members want some chickens?? I can't keep them, I just saved them from a cruel fate and now they all need homes. :)

Fresh eggs are the best! I had chickens as a kid and loved having them around. What kind of chickens are they and are they chicks or adults?

Right now I actually have 50 eggs hatching in my kitchen! Any of our Texas members want some chickens?? I can't keep them, I just saved them from a cruel fate and now they all need homes. :)

Right now they are chicks, and I got about 5 different types. I wish I were in Texas, I've got 20 acres and a big enough chicken coupe to hold three times more chickens than I got... Alas I'm about 60 Miles shy of being Canadian, and Texas is a long drive just for chickens

So I need more information, is your veilded male or female? Adult or baby? Since you and I are the Montana cham club, maybe we can be friends.:D:D I love baby chickens, Big R has them now, they are adorable, but I live in town.:(

Right now they are chicks, and I got about 5 different types. I wish I were in Texas, I've got 20 acres and a big enough chicken coupe to hold three times more chickens than I got... Alas I'm about 60 Miles shy of being Canadian, and Texas is a long drive just for chickens

So I need more information, is your veilded male or female? Adult or baby? Since you and I are the Montana cham club, maybe we can be friends.:D:D I love baby chickens, Big R has them now, they are adorable, but I live in town.:(

I've got a male Veilded that is about 3 months old. There arn't many Montana Cham owners that I've found on here. We got our chicks at Murdocks in Kalispell. They have a great selection.

Don't worry, i have a few chams , and I share really well. So did you get him all set up the way you wanted? My veiled is just in a normal screen cage, plants, sticks, uvb & heat lights, auto mister. He is an adult who bit the crap out of me but is coming along. Now he eats from my hand. next I will try picking him up. If you can hear me screaming in Kalispell it didn't go well.

I've got a male Veilded that is about 3 months old. There arn't many Montana Cham owners that I've found on here. We got our chicks at Murdocks in Kalispell. They have a great selection.

Don't worry, i have a few chams , and I share really well. So did you get him all set up the way you wanted? My veiled is just in a normal screen cage, plants, sticks, uvb & heat lights, auto mister. He is an adult who bit the crap out of me but is coming along. Now he eats from my hand. next I will try picking him up. If you can hear me screaming in Kalispell it didn't go well.

Lol, good luck with picking him up. Sounds like he's got a temper. My cham is surprisingly well tempered. He eats right out of my hand. And he decided he hates it when I mist his cage, so he either hides or climb on me when I do my warning mist (I realized he hated it by his dark coloring when I spray in his cage, so I give him a warning spray for about 3 seconds far enough away from him that he knows I'm about to spray, but far enough away he doesn't get wet. It gives him time to get away.)

I don't have the setup finished yet, but I modified the 40 gal aquarium he is in. I turned it on it's side, so it's tall, and I took out one of the side walls and replaced it with a screen. That way the former top and the new top are both screened, the back is covered with cork. It's working really well for the time being, but I can't wait till I get his new setup done.

Totally jealous of your chickens! I have been researching them for 2+ years and have a fine collection of books and mags. Just can't convince the boyfriend yet. I would like them for eggs, I don't eat meat. Did you build your chicken coop? I would like about 6 chickens, so have been drawing up plans for awhile. Still crossing my fingers for this year, if not, then maybe next. Best of luck with them, enjoy!

Totally jealous of your chickens! I have been researching them for 2+ years and have a fine collection of books and mags. Just can't convince the boyfriend yet. I would like them for eggs, I don't eat meat. Did you build your chicken coop? I would like about 6 chickens, so have been drawing up plans for awhile. Still crossing my fingers for this year, if not, then maybe next. Best of luck with them, enjoy!

Chickens are super low maintenance hopefully you can talk him into it. I was kinda lucky as far as a chicken coop goes. The house I bought had a pretty good size one on it when I bought it. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom