New enclosure! (Lots of pics)

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
18x18x36 for my new nosey be 5.5 month, walter. Bioactive substrate, cage is sitting on an 18l x 18w flower pot. Cut a square out of the cabinet it's sitting on and placed flower pot inside with a little drainage tray at the bottom. About a foot or so of substrate, covered top with cork bark, leaves, and river rocks. I want to add some more branches and a nice trailing pothos somewhere. Anyone know if pothos can go soilless? this is just his temporary cage until i move him to a free range in a couple months. A new addition will probably take his place then :).

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1147.JPG
    IMG_1147.JPG
    495.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1135.JPG
    IMG_1135.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 302
18x18x36 for my new nosey be 5.5 month, walter. Bioactive substrate, cage is sitting on an 18l x 18w flower pot. Cut a square out of the cabinet it's sitting on and placed flower pot inside with a little drainage tray at the bottom. About a foot or so of substrate, covered top with cork bark, leaves, and river rocks. I want to add some more branches and a nice trailing pothos somewhere. Anyone know if pothos can go soilless? this is just his temporary cage until i move him to a free range in a couple months. A new addition will probably take his place then :).
Looks great! What is that yellow plant?

@poison hey meant to get back to you on the other post, I have springtails right now. Got some giant canyon isopods on the way from Andee that I plan to keep in a bin, but might add some of those to the cage as well. Would you recommend me going with those red wigglers? I was reading about them the other day actually, I never see anyone use worms though, is there a drawback? Any other bugs you could recommend? I'd like to get some more critters, but I need to find a place online to order.

I know several monitor keepers that use earthworms. You can use so many bugs TBH. Roaches, superworms, earthworms, millipedes and more.These are all natural decomposers in the wild. But for your set up since you're free ranging on one of your setups I would go with things that would stay in the soil like isopods earthworms and springtail. I'd have to look over that book I told you about and see if there's anything he recommends been a while since I've actually read it.

Pothos can grow in water! I think you need a small amount of liquid fertilizer and some clippings in it for the roots

@joshuadh2310 they can't just go soilless though i guess? Reason being i want some nice trailing pothos up top, but don't want any more stress on the screen. Would be great if i could attach them to bark or something

Sadly pothos need a moist base. The vines extending from it will do fine in dryish conditions.

Yeah those bromeliads have been everywhere lol i can't help, but buy them for my enclosures. 10$ each at home depot, all kinds of colors. They really help the humidity too

Mine are going strong and growing, the key is to not keep them in soil. I make sure they get misted everyday and that's about it. I have mine sitting in cork bark tubes with rocks and leaf litter covering the roots.

What he said, you can treat them similar to air plants they will root to branches in nature with constant air flow to the roots preventing them from staying moist for long. I l went through about 100 broms before learning that lol .

Back
Top Bottom