New enclosure! (Lots of pics)

Bromeliads add so much color I love them. I have two in my enclosure. I have been watering them like normal and now I fear I may be over watering after reading this.

Mine are going strong and growing, the key is to not keep them in soil. I make sure they get misted everyday and that's about it. I have mine sitting in cork bark tubes with rocks and leaf litter covering the roots.

I just got a bromeliad... so you're saying to take them out of soil and repot to something else? i was going to repot on a soil and grow stone mixture, 60/40 respectively. what is this "cork bark tubes" you speak of?

What he said, you can treat them similar to air plants they will root to branches in nature with constant air flow to the roots preventing them from staying moist for long. I l went through about 100 broms before learning that lol .

Can i just glue the plant with e6000 glue to a big branch too???

Attachments

• IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 102
I just got a bromeliad... so you're saying to take them out of soil and repot to something else? i was going to repot on a soil and grow stone mixture, 60/40 respectively. what is this "cork bark tubes" you speak of?

Can i just glue the plant with e6000 glue to a big branch too???

I wouldn't pot them in anything. There's different methods of securing them onto things, I just saw a good article from josh's frogs that shows how. I personally just put mine in a cork bark tube and layed large river rocks over the roots to keep them in place. No soil or anything. They have been growing pups, doing great so far.

Back
Top Bottom