New enclosure first time owner

xcitrol

I will be getting a female Jackson within the next few weeks and I think I have the enclosure pretty close to where I want it.
Fogger/automatic dripper is setup and will be running 4 times a day for 5minutes.

Basking spot : 85.6 F / 32% humidity

Middle cage/plant level : 65-70 F 60-80% Humidity

Night time : 60-65 F ambient 40% humidity

So let me know how it's looking and if there is anything that looks like it needs to be re arranged. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Bump would appreciate some thoughts on my cage.
Looks pretty good, but keep an eye on the bamboo. They are slick so it can be hard for chams to grip them easily. Personally I think wooden dowels from Home Depot would be better...or branches from outside to give it a more natural look.

Do you also plan on misting throughout the day?

Basking temp is good, just don't go over the 85. Middle/lower part of the cage temp should be between 75-80, for an adult. 70-75 for a juvenile. Nighttime you're good. They can handle a drop into the 50's.

What purpose does the rope have? It can easily collect bacteria from getting wet over time.

It'll be even nice when the plant grows in some to provide more shade/hiding spots in the midle/upper part of the cage.

It looks great to me, but I would suggest a misting system if you don't already have one. Drippers are great, but sometimes they need that water hitting them for awhile before they get that whole I think I should drink something attitude. Jackson need lots of water, and it's real hard to keep up with it manually. You could put some fake vines in there to give more cover until your plants fill out. I think your new friend will be a happy camper. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments I'll have to look into the wooden dowels. Bamboo was just super inexpensive and I thought it gave the cage a nice feel. I do have a hand mister that I will be using to mist the Cham and keep humidity at the correct levels. Rope is there just as an added vine type structure for the Cham it will be replaced regularly instead of trying to clean it.

Thanks for the comments I'll have to look into the wooden dowels. Bamboo was just super inexpensive and I thought it gave the cage a nice feel. I do have a hand mister that I will be using to mist the Cham and keep humidity at the correct levels. Rope is there just as an added vine type structure for the Cham it will be replaced regularly instead of trying to clean it.
The dowels are super cheap. And they have different circumferences, which is also nice.

But you know whats even cheaper than that? Branches from outside. ;)

Honestly I would just take the rope out it only takes a few days for bacteria to grow.

Back
Top Bottom