New enclosure done! Woo!

Hydra_cosplay

Avid Member
Finished potting the plants and setting up Yoshi's new enclosure today. I love how it turned out, I'm thinking of adding a couple more sticks here and there though, especially towards the bottom to help her get to and from her lay bin easily. Lemme know what you guys think!

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_084717.jpg
    IMG_20200905_084717.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20200905_084754.jpg
    IMG_20200905_084754.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20200905_084759.jpg
    IMG_20200905_084759.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 121
Looks great Yoshi is happy! Great job getting some air plants in there they really do aesthetically make a nice addition to a cage. Bromelaid is a good idea and there are also pink air plants which you can go after if you're looking for color.

Looks great Yoshi is happy! Great job getting some air plants in there they really do aesthetically make a nice addition to a cage. Bromelaid is a good idea and there are also pink air plants which you can go after if you're looking for color.
Thanks man! Yea I'm leaning towards a bromeliad for sure I think it'd look great. And I'll hafta look into the colored airplants, sounds neato!

Yes tillandsia do well at the top where they get a good misting and light. Just hot glue where you want them. Mine are doing great
Yeah they need light there was one that I had that was under the shade of a pothos leaf and didnt do so well. One the other hand give them light and they'll do great. I have a blooming one right now!

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpeg
    IMG_1458.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1459.jpeg
    IMG_1459.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 68
Your enclosure looks so great! I agree with the suggestion to add more branches. But you can also observe Yoshi for a while and use what you see to inform how many and where they should go.

And, a plus one from me for airplants and bromeliads! For the airplants I have been moving them around and wedging them in places to see where they do best. Haven't committed to gluing them down yet. Pitcher plants are great too, and enjoy being near by mister and under my plant spotlight so far. One new pitcher has formed in just a few weeks, and a few more baby pitchers are growing.

IMG_20200809_110533.jpg
IMG_20200809_110525.jpg

Your enclosure looks so great! I agree with the suggestion to add more branches. But you can also observe Yoshi for a while and use what you see to inform how many and where they should go.

And, a plus one from me for airplants and bromeliads! For the airplants I have been moving them around and wedging them in places to see where they do best. Haven't committed to gluing them down yet. Pitcher plants are great too, and enjoy being near by mister and under my plant spotlight so far. One new pitcher has formed in just a few weeks, and a few more baby pitchers are growing.

View attachment 276476
View attachment 276477
Hehe very cool! And thanks! Went ahead and just got done washing some new branches, letting them dry and then I'm gonna figure out best places for them. Here in a bit going to grab a bromeliad from lowes also! Thanks all for the suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom