New drainage system

Yeah, that water can't be recycled. Once it goes through the cage, it drips through the bottom of the cage where there is fecal matter. The timer is set so it fills the catch bucket by the time I'm home from work. I have to empty it twice a day. No recycling of the water.

Automation

Yeah, that water can't be recycled. Once it goes through the cage, it drips through the bottom of the cage where there is fecal matter. The timer is set so it fills the catch bucket by the time I'm home from work. I have to empty it twice a day. No recycling of the water.

If you have a sink or window you could run a drain tube to, I could help you automate the drainage to pump the water when full. It's pretty simple. I use switches and a garden pond pump like the one you are using.

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

The electronics for this drain pan is a bit much because I am using a 12vdc relay.... so I needed a power pack. :eek:

If you have a sink or window you could run a drain tube to, I could help you automate the drainage to pump the water when full. It's pretty simple. I use switches and a garden pond pump like the one you are using.

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

The electronics for this drain pan is a bit much because I am using a 12vdc relay.... so I needed a power pack. :eek:

How much for a set up like that?

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Man that is awesome- Send a PM with the details about what you've got going on there. That is really cool!

How much for a set up like that?

I could maybe build a kit for $30-60 bucks.... depends on if the person supplied the pump or not. I think automated drainage is 10x better than moving a bucket everyday. If I didn't have my automated drainage, I would be moving about 10 gallons a day. :eek:

I could maybe build a kit for $30-60 bucks.... depends on if the person supplied the pump or not. I think automated drainage is 10x better than moving a bucket everyday. If I didn't have my automated drainage, I would be moving about 10 gallons a day. :eek:

Do you have a automatic shut off if the pump clogs up?

Do you have a automatic shut off if the pump clogs up?

You mean to shut off the misting system? That would be an easy addition.

Currently I do not have my drainage hooked up to my misting system. I can easily connect my drainage to my misting system.

Pond pumps don't clog easily and should be serviced to ensure smooth operation. When I installed my system I timed the amount of time it would take to drain the pan. I check the system time to time in order to make sure it is flowing the same rate as it did when new, to help identify if the pump is building up debris. I would encourage anyone operating automated systems, of any kind, to test the systems periodicly to ensure everything is as it should be.

You mean to shut off the misting system? That would be an easy addition.

Currently I do not have my drainage hooked up to my misting system. I can easily connect my drainage to my misting system.

Pond pumps don't clog easily and should be serviced to ensure smooth operation. When I installed my system I timed the amount of time it would take to drain the pan. I check the system time to time in order to make sure it is flowing the same rate as it did when new, to help identify if the pump is building up debris. I would encourage anyone operating automated systems, of any kind, to test the systems periodicly to ensure everything is as it should be.

Use RO water to have less isuess with maintenance.

That's one heck of a set up!
Could you just not have a gravity feed to a drain?

No, not any drains low enough. I have a large free range for my melleri and the drain pans for the free range are about 10-12 inches off of the ground. Doesn't really give you much room to play with gravity and I don't have any floor drains. I live in an apartment and the only way to use gravity would be to drill a hole in the wall near the floor and feed the water outside.... I am not gonna do that lol.

Back
Top Bottom