New comma comma comma chameleons!!

Hyokenseisou

After the tragic death of my super awesome amazingly friendly veiled (my dog ate him :( ) I have been wanting another chameleon, but decided I would get a panther this time because seeing another veiled would just make me miss my Dingo and would just constantly compare the new to him. Well, I came across a good deal on a handsome young (but not too young) male so I couldn't say no. I love veiled the most, and I figured, why can't I have both.

So this is Koh, I got him a few weeks ago:
1964848_435964036537404_1912879723_n.jpg

Unlike my very friendly social Dingo, Koh is pretty big the worlds biggest jack@** as far as chams I've had. I had one other young female years ago but she literally out of no where, dropped dead. One of the biggest 'wtf' moments in my life. Dingo, amazing. Koh, you look at him and he gets angry. You put your hand in the cage and he hisses and tries to bite. Once you get him out, he's no too too bad, but man until then, he is CRANKY! I hope I'll be able to tame that out of him. It's very clear the previous owner didn't handle him, if ever.
He's supposedly around the 9 month mark - looks about right.

And today, I picked up my new baby blue bar ambilobe from Chameleon's Galore. I had been wanting a cham from CG when I found out about them few years ago (ex bf ended up surprising me with Dingo from a private breeder after my female died, whom I got from a pet store). After Dingo passed, I was looking into getting a veiled from them. Ended up getting veiled from different source, but I was determined to get a panther from CG, was just waiting on an ambilobe to become available - was hoping to get at the spring show, but this opportunity popped up so I took it. And I loves him! My goodness is he so tiny! I haven't had a baby cham this young before!! I hope I can provide him the best care in his crucial young stages of life when he's at his most fragile!!

397531_438021839664957_1841285309_n.jpg

I've had him Walter (nickname Wally), after a good friend, who INSISTED I re-name a pet after him again the same damn dog ate my hamster that was named after him... (Gunner - dog, is a rescued farm dog who was hit by a car, he has a ridiculously high prey drive, not too much I can do about it... He spends all day trying to eat my ferrets. He also ate my black rough neck monitor... Really not happy with this dog with other animals... Needless to say, I will DEFINITELY remember to close the door on enclosures - stupid sliding door ones... I always forget..)

1975041_438021962998278_1882583359_n.jpg

I mean, I pretty much already know what Koh's colours are gonna be. But it'll be super exciting and fun to see what kind of colours develop on Wally!! I hope the dino fuel I still have will encourage more reds and yellows on him and with the sire being the kind of ambilobe I've been wanting, hopefully that'll shine through! Either way, whatever colours he develops, I will love him and Koh to the fullest!

SO TINY! MUCH CUTE!

Nice chameleons. Sounds as though you have got one monster of a dog. Our ranch dogs mostly would just sniff and lick our other animals. With exception to the birds on our ranch pond.

Gorgeous Chams! :) I am a veiled fan too! :)
Soooo sorry to hear the tragical end of your last veiled....That must have been terrible.
And now that I've read your thread, realized I will dogsit next month: we will not just close the door of the enclosure we will change the lock on our bedroom!( I love these dog and I would hate them (and myself naturally)if they would eat my boy.)

@Motherlode: He was an abandoned border collie - I have a hunch he was surviving on small rodent and prey during his time alone, ergo the higher than normal prey drive. He's been with me for over a year and old now and he STILL wants to kill the ferrets. I just don't think he'll learn.
And thanks!

@zsazsa: Thanks! Yeah I'm being extra careful about remembering to lock things up when I'm done inside the cage. Because all of my snakes, have some sort of lock or peg I need to do up so that it's secure, but Dingo's big enclosure is a sliding door so I often forget to close it. Because before I got Gunner, if I forgot to close it, no big deal, Dingo would let himself out for a walk and I would often find him climbing on the curtains, not very hard to find green on salmon. :p

Now squeal with cuteness!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=438299719637169&l=3879421329442035397

That is a great picture as Synapse has stated.

Our one ranch dog that was a hunter was a rescue too. She would got out to our pond and return with dead ducks and drop them at our front doors door mat LOL.

1000657_444813005652507_1677505967_n.jpg

Took this the other day. 4 months old and already starting to show colours he didn't have when I got him! Some yellows, greens, is that a little blue I see?, and some red (especially on the neck) popping through!! So excited to see what his colour will turn out to be!!

Back
Top Bottom