New Chams

ChamFreak

Avid Member
Okay, this will be a long post and I will post more pics when arrivals come and the cages complete.

So, $2,750.00 later...

Cages and setups

(4) 2x2x3 alum cages
(4) Umbrella Plants
-bunch of branches
- some fake vines
(4) Repti-sun 18" fluoresents 5.0
(4) Repti-sun CFL basking bulbs 5.0
(4) 100 watt basking setups
- 4 foot fluoresent for plant UVB
(4) Zoo med digital therm/hygrom meters.
(4) drippers
-spray bottle
-infa-red temp gun
(8) analog temp/humidity gauges
(2) digital timer power strips
- Fox farms oceans forest organic soil
- Mist king premium setup (4) premium nozzles

I have 3 setups for crickets
-600 crickets

Suppliments/gutload
-miner-all (calcium and mineral) no D3 or phosphorous "4 days a week"
-herptivite with beta carotene multi vitamin (rep cal) "2 times a month"
- (rep cal) calcium with VIT.D3 "2 times a month"
- I use cricket crack "dry"
- Wet is, Oranges, carrots, mustard greens, papayas, squash

Chameleons :D
-Kammerflage Kreations: "Skittles", Sire: Moramora-katrina hybrid with a Nosy Be (Male)
http://chameleonsonly.com/Moramora-katrina - CB 4.5 mo. old cross male - 2a.JPG

-Kammerflage Kreations: "Sprectrum" Sire: Pancho. Hes a Sambava male baby.
http://chameleonsonly.com/Poncho - CB 4 mo. old male - 3a.JPG

-Chameleons Northwest: "Pebbles" Sire: Zero. A female Ambilobe
Zero:
http://www.chameleonsnorthwest.com/zero0027.jpg
Pebbles: attached file, darker female

-Chameleons Northwest: "Mija" Sire: Patron. A female Sambava
Patron:
http://www.chameleonsnorthwest.com/patron0017.jpg
Mija is lighter female attached...

I will post pics of my setups, I really made them good, all my toys are incognito and well built...

also, Tuesday... I get the 3 remaining chameleons and I will be posting pics of there arrivial.

I am super excited, decided to breed pure Sambavas and morph Ambilobe and and Nosy be. witch will make my morph's 75% Ambilobe and 25% Nosy be....
they all are from strong sire's and should super amazing, I will share my whole experiance with you all.

Please let me know if you see any kinks in my setups or my schedules... thanks all and enjoy!

Shawn

PS 3rd attachment is Pancho from Kammers

Attachments

• ambilobe girl.jpg
    ambilobe girl.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 109
  • sambava girl.jpg
    sambava girl.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Poncho%20-%206_small2.jpg
    Poncho%20-%206_small2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Awesome!
The only thing I see that I wouldn't do:
cfl 5.0's for basking.
You're doubling up on UVB and it's not necessary.
Plain household incandescent bulbs ($ 0.88 for 4 at Home Depot) work great.
Not sure the cfl's would provide much heat.
Good luck!

-Brad

Awesome!
The only thing I see that I wouldn't do:
cfl 5.0's for basking.
You're doubling up on UVB and it's not necessary.
Plain household incandescent bulbs ($ 0.88 for 4 at Home Depot) work great.
Not sure the cfl's would provide much heat.
Good luck!

-Brad

I was worried about that... I now have 5 of these at 100 bucks and I fear I cant use them....

How bad is it if I double them up??

Depends on the actual cfl's that you purchased.
Did you get the new ones?
The old ones aren't considered safe at all.
Additionally, my feeling is that chameleons should be given the option to choose if they want to warm up without being exposed to UVB radiation .... and then there is the previously mentioned possible problem of, do these fluorescents even give off much heat.
Can you return them?

-Brad

I dont think I can but, I plan to breed and I can just use them then for the babies...
they are the new ones, just purchaced.

HA i am going to have to check out your set up sometime.. Lol its nice seeing people in this area with the same hobby. Sounds like you done your homework and are working on some nice set ups.

Brad its interesting about seperating the heat/basking from the UVB. I have mine close together for my Yemen, but the male F. lateralis has his on oppisite sides, and the female F. Lat has hers on opposite sides. I am going to have to pay attention to basking behaviors a bit more.

Gpmo (him)

Hey that's great! I have the brother of your little Sambava! My Leonardo looks pretty much exactly the same as the pic you linked to. I'll be interested to see more pics of your chams in the future.

GPMO, you're more then welcome to come by anytime and see the setups as well as my 4 panthers! I would love to mingle with ya!!

Radstusky, thats awesome! I will always post more pics!!! I love that Sambava Sire!

I work in the Denver Metro area mon-fri, and by denver metro i means HWY 7 to Castlerock and Blackhawk to Burlington. Let me know when times are good for you, as my schedules are fairly random.

Gpmo (him)

$2700 is alot of money, but man, thats just the beginning. This is such a expensive hobby. I dont even want to know how much ive spent on chameleons and supplies, but I know its been !!thoUSandS$$!!! Ive made some $$$$ on them but damn is the overhead high. I think just to maintain my collection costs about $2000 a year, between water, food, vet visits, bulbs, etc, etc, etc. Be prepared the fun but pricey adventure known as cham care. Goodluck!!!

Yeah, chams arent a cheap hobby. But, it sounds like you did your homework and your gonna love that mistking setup. Thats my next big purchase. After I get my new female settled next week.

lol its a good thing I make good money ;)

yeah I have had prior chameleons, I am well aware of the costs, its ok.

but 4 panthers, took it a level up

they all arrived safe! however, I recieved a baby :O shes precious tho :D take a peek at her! more to come, but a long day!

She is a Ambilobe, say hello to Pebbles (pre named but fitting :)

Attachments

• 100_0537.jpg
    100_0537.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0538.jpg
    100_0538.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 106
thanks for the comment. and Eliz, no Bam Bam :D her mate is Skittles! but how fitting huh

She is so tiny, I am a proud papa of all 4 of them!

Back
Top Bottom