New Chameleon

Oliver

So after several weeks of putting my cage together and waiting for everything to be ready, i finally ordered my baby Veiled Chameleon Sunday night from FL Chams. He came in this morning and seems to love the umbrella plant in his cage.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 156
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 190
Congrats on your new cham! I kept the deli cup mine was shipped in as a memento - hard to believe he was ever that tiny... (and your veiled will get much bigger than my panther)

He was marked at 2 months old on FL Chams, he is very tiny, but he has to be the cutest lizzard i've ever seen!

Welcome, fellow cham newbie. i too am a cham newbie, first congrats on decieding to do the reading on chams. second you picked the right place for info. third prepare to be engrossed. once you start there is no going back. Im hooked. from my learning from this forum, is what the pet shop tells you is one thing. the people who actually now is the breeders. You were right to buy your Cham from FLchams. I got mine from local petstore, he had problems. He was impacted,dehyrated,malnurished and improperly supplemented. too boot they couldnt give me an exact age. My friend got veiled male 3weeks after me. His has no social problems. You sound like you know what is going on. habitat is so important, my first mistake was getting small cage 18x18x36. this is fine for cham the size of yours. but within three months it will out grow. so plan now on new habitat. I have also learned that some chams will over feed. during growing faze, your cham can eat up to 20 crix per day. if you over feed him he can become more likely to get MBD. It really comes down to observance. if they eat, drink and poop you are going in the right direction. just don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how basic they seem. this forum is very helpful. im on my second month, and allready if feel less worried due to help from this site. hang in there and good luck!

Thank you for the replies. Today is Thadius's third day with me, and he has finally started to explore his cage. I beleive he ate earlier today as well while i was at school.
He does not enjoy being misted though, it looks so cute when he runs away( well what i consider running for a Cham) from the water to hide in his favorite plant.
I have mostly left him alone and tried to stay out of the room as much as possible so that i don't stress him out while he is acclimating to his now home.

Spray his favorite plant, rather than directly onto Thadius. Dont want him to be stressed out by water, such that he doesnt drink enough
He's sure cute

Alright thank you i will start doing that, he seems to be warming up to his new enclosure though =]

Back
Top Bottom