New chameleonšŸ¦Ž owner lšŸ‘€king for answers

Where do I get the branches? Special store, nursery, pet shop or backyard?
Ok, this I can help with. :) You can use branches from outside, avoiding pine and other trees with sap. I give a gentle scrub with a brush and dish soap, rinse very well and then let dry (preferably in the sun). I donā€™t worry about bark, lichen or other natural branch features. If it doesnā€™t come off with my scrubbing, it gets to stay.

Ok, this I can help with. :) You can use branches from outside, avoiding pine and other trees with sap. I give a gentle scrub with a brush and dish soap, rinse very well and then let dry (preferably in the sun). I donā€™t worry about bark, lichen or other natural branch features. If it doesnā€™t come off with my scrubbing, it gets to stay.
Thank you!

I see you are in my neck of the woods so i am going to share with you an important contact for a wonderful vet. Dr Jamsine Flanagan of Culver Palms Vet Clinic 1-310-398-7256. Remember chameleons conceal ailments so once you notice something off it is usualy well underway. Go to chameleon academy and start reading. Get source of info. I see everyone here is giving you good advice. Also uvb isnit harmful to humans and gives off little heat. The bulb should be HO (high output) 10.0. HO 5 only goes down 13 inches. no lights at night and dont let temp in room get below 50 at night. If you get a fogger, i use hand mister and fogger, if you leave it on throughout the night make sure its not over a perching branch. Mine sat under one and got a URI upper respitory infection. Good luck with your new addition to the family.
Can t5 reptisun 10 be used on original window mesh? Mostly for veiled/panther types. Currently using 5.0 reptisun an 6% Arcadia. 5 on veiled an 6% on panthers.

Can t5 reptisun 10 be used on original window mesh? Mostly for veiled/panther types. Currently using 5.0 reptisun an 6% Arcadia. 5 on veiled an 6% on panthers.
You should stick with the 5.0 or 6% as the 10.0 is too strong. You could use it, but to compensate for itā€™s strength youā€™d have to have it at least 10-12ā€ away from your basking area, rather than the 8-9ā€ distance with a 5.0 or 6%.

Back
Top Bottom