New Cham?

Jbennaim

So I got my veiled a while ago and he’s been doing great so far I absolutely love charms and I have an extra enclosure (scooters old one) and I was thinking about getting another Cham. The enclosure is a 18x18x24 so I want something that would fit in there does anyone have suggestions I was thinking about maybe a carpet but I don’t know too much about them yet is there any reason I shouldn’t get a carpet chameleon or is there any other small species I could look into?

There’s scooter :)

My veiled has a really nice personality even though they aren’t known to be too nice he walks right up to my hand and he like to just sit on top of my head when I’m just chilling in my room

I’ve heard pygmys are really hard but I never thought of a Jackson are they hearty or mean? I know that it doesn’t apply to all but what are the majority like?

I do not know of jackson personalities (though most of my veileds were nice) but jacksons are very hearty lower temperature requiring chams. Might not be be good for a tourist trap location, but be great if you see snow.

I do not know of jackson personalities (though most of my veileds were nice) but jacksons are very hearty lower temperature requiring chams. Might not be be good for a tourist trap location, but be great if you see snow.
I live in Florida you think it’s too hot?

I live in Florida you think it’s too hot?

can you keep air temps in the upper 70's and keep the humdity above 60% for the majority of the day? Other can chim in, but if its 90+ 10 am till 7pm, thats not going to work out well.

can you keep air temps in the upper 70's and keep the humdity above 60% for the majority of the day? Other can chim in, but if its 90+ 10 am till 7pm, thats not going to work out well.
I do keep them indoors so I can manage a temp like that

I keep my Carpets, F. lateralis in heavily planted 18" x 18" x 24" glass bio vivs. Seeing that It wouldn't
be your first chameleon I don't think you would have any problem raising one. Read all you can before
your purchase. Remember in carpets the females are the more colorful as adults. On the down side
the average lifespan of carpets is roughly three years.

A great source of information on carpets is Frank Payne. His site is www.livingartbyfrankpayne.com

Back
Top Bottom