New Cham! :)

Char333p

Avid Member
Thanks to Kbear2727 i gotta a new chameleon hes so beautiful!. Ill take better pics an more info...when i got some more time on my hands. I cant wait to see what he looks like later on. He my first chamleon so ill prob need some advice sooner or later :) i think ill name him Blizz

Attachments

• 20180620_102158.jpg
    20180620_102158.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
My advice for the Best thing you could do post everything you do feeding schedules and what you feed, misting schedules, supplements/vitamin schedule and what they are, lights you have, things you have in your cage, everything you can think of!! and then be OPEN MINDED let people say what needs to change or improve or stay the same and take it all in. You won’t find out your doing something wrong if you are in till things go bad.
I don’t mean to imply your doing anything wrong but when I hear it’s someone’s first chameleon then I just try to make sure everything is in place so the little guy has a good life.

Hes a Nosy Faly. I keep him in 20x20x36 reptibreeze. Have two sides covered with background for humidity. Have the T5 Led+uvb hood and at the moment a 5.0 uvb prob upgrade in few months.. he has a double fixuture basking dome light. But only 1 60 watt bulb in it at the moment. I do have a CF swirly 5.0 uvb out of the fixture at the moment. If you think i should add that as well please let me know. Hes 5 months. Today's im going to set up his misting system.. which is the 2 gal monsoon. Has 2 nozzles which actually gave out fine mist when i tested it. But going to prob set that to run for a 1 minute or max every 2 to 3 hours. Humidity is a consistant 60 before i mist. Feeding him gutloaded crickets he eats about 6 and every other day i throw in 2 or 3 superworms. Dust with calc w.o d3 everyday.. havent had long enough to statt vita yet. But i got his schedule from previous owner.

Going to start adding more variety to his diet soon.

He has decent variety of plants which i looked up as non tox. Ex. Umbrella plant. Rubber plant.. corn plant... pothos. Soil covered with stones.

I totally get it darthroast.. i did months of research before considering getting one. And im sure ill have questions and could use advice on things...

I know theres that whole info sheet to fill out but just wanted to quickly cover bases. Abnormally long work week for me. Blahh

Attachments

• 20180622_165001.jpg
    20180622_165001.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 85
I don’t mean to imply your doing anything wrong but when I hear it’s someone’s first chameleon then I just try to make sure everything is in place so the little guy has a good life.

No offence taken.. there are tons of ppl who buy them without knowing their requirements so i get it! ... info above :) post more later

Good looking guy you have there. Good luck with him.
A few things I've noticed about your set up: You will have to get a larger cage in a few months. 24"x24"x48" is what's recommended for male panthers. Looks like you have some plants in there but it looks very open. You should have enough cover in there so he can hide, the more the better. You need UVB light. The 5.0 will work for now but with a larger cage and more plants increase to the 10.0. You need to check your supplement schedule. You need a multivitamin as well. Also its possible to over dust with supplements. I'll give feeders once in a while without any dusting.
That was a quick look at what you got going. Hope it helps.

Mike.. yeah of course ill upgrade when hes older.. and yes got his suppliment schedule. I will definitely work on getting him more cover up top.. prob gonna take forever for all these plants to fill out some more. Heres pic of whole enclosure... ( humidity isnt rlly that low, from digital reader.. i gotta move that down.. its right under basking so its getting that dry heat reading.)

Attachments

• 20180623_154706.jpg
    20180623_154706.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 67
Mike.. yeah of course ill upgrade when hes older.. and yes got his suppliment schedule. I will definitely work on getting him more cover up top.. prob gonna take forever for all these plants to fill out some more. Heres pic of whole enclosure... ( humidity isnt rlly that low, from digital reader.. i gotta move that down.. its right under basking so its getting that dry heat reading.)
Yeah it takes a while for those plants to grow big enough for the cage. I just buy mine big enough already. Your set up does look good though. Did you get the UVB light in there?

Yeah it takes a while for those plants to grow big enough for the cage. I just buy mine big enough already. Your set up does look good though. Did you get the UVB light in there?
Oh ive had uvb from begining... t5 5.0 till he little bigger then ill upgrade to 10. An thanks.. sure he appreciates all the vines n sticks lol

Back
Top Bottom