New Cham

Birdy

I am a begginer chameleon owner. I've had a male Jackson's that I got when he was 2 weeks old and is now a healthy 8 month old. That is my entire experience with chameleons... But now I want to get a new one and almost got a new Jackson's but thought I might try a veiled or panther instead. What do people think about the different kinds?

From what I know panthers are generally a little easier to handle and less grumpy. But veileds are recommended more for beginners as they are so hardy, they can be a bit grumpier but to be honest I think it just depends on their personality. Hope that helps a little

I am a begginer chameleon owner. I've had a male Jackson's that I got when he was 2 weeks old and is now a healthy 8 month old. That is my entire experience with chameleons... But now I want to get a new one and almost got a new Jackson's but thought I might try a veiled or panther instead. What do people think about the different kinds?
Well, very basically a panther or veiled will want a larger, warmer somewhat drier habitat than a jax. It would be your choice which one as their needs are similar. Personality wise, all can be individuals, so its hard to guarantee either one will be more social They probably won't be as shy as jax tend to be.

Back
Top Bottom