New Cham

Vmoreno

Hey guys, so I just got a new Jackson's Cham today. I put him in my reptibreeze and I've been leaving him alone so he can adjust to his new home. But h looks very black in color is this normal. Here are some pics.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 135
Okay I'll increase it , Is it because he's still a baby so he needs higher tempeture

Babies need cooler temps. He will need to be bumped up to 83-85 when he reaches adulthood (basking). 70-73 is a good ambient temp for them during the day.

He is probably darker because he is trying to absorb some heat.

My new Cham is been eating a lot. Today he ate about 13 crickets and I think he's still hungry should I feed him more
Thanks

I'm not too experienced with Chams, but for a young guy I believe you should feed him all he can eat at least 2x a day. If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected shortly! =)
BTW my veiled is a poop dark now that I put him in a new awesome cage! With any luck he'll be brightening up and eating 13 crickets soon too!
bet,

Yeah mine is poop dark as well. Ill try to give him more crickets and see if he ears them unless anyone else has more input on this.

I'd say leaving him alone will be more beneficial than trying to feed him more. It is definitely more stressful to be bothered than to not eat for reptiles until they get comfortable with humans. If he is eating some then you are most likely in the clear.. just a mattter of warming him up to you gradually (which seems to be the key!) and his cage.
So definitely provide him with food as long as he wants it.. but too many crickets may stress him out. Dang these things are divas!!

Back
Top Bottom