New cham owner in Kansas City, MO

eahoormann

Hey y'all!

Some of you may have seen me poking around lately with questions about my new little guy, Leif.
My boyfriend and I would like to travel (not for a while- but with an animal that takes daily care we are trying to think ahead). My first thought was to get a 'sitter' who wouldn't mind coming over every day for feedings and what not. I had NO idea where to reach out for this request and then remembered this amazing forum (that I'd be totally lost without). I would trust Leif with anyone on here! Obviously compensation would be discussed and we would want to meet a few times before saying "Ok, here's our address and the back door key! Thanks!"

Please let me know if anyone in the area would be comfortable with coming to my home to feed and water Leif and indulge the mewings of a very needy 3-legged fur-baby. TIA

I literally just moved from Kansas City a few months back after having lived there for 10 years. I would have happily cham sat for you.

There aren't too many options for exotic vets in KC - I used to go to Jay Schweizer at the Crysler Animal Clinic in Independence (at Route 40/I-70 a block beyond the Walmart complex - yes, I just used a Walmart as a landmark. Don't go to that Walmart after dark alone.) Dr. Switzer is only at the clinic a few days a week, so call ahead as far as you can for appointments. I thought he was a good vet, maybe not as experienced with chameleons specifically as I would have liked. They announce your appointment over the PA using your pet's name - it was hilarious: "Ferdinand Jackson to see Dr. Schweizer!" Very nice staff.

I have heard good things about Dr. Brock Exline at KC Veterinary Center in Waldo (on Wornall a couple of blocks from Waldo Pizza) but have not taken an animal to him.

I don't know if either group does boarding - I would be a bit nervous about boarding, but at home pet sitting would be very different.

I literally just moved from Kansas City a few months back after having lived there for 10 years. I would have happily cham sat for you.

There aren't too many options for exotic vets in KC - I used to go to Jay Schweizer at the Crysler Animal Clinic in Independence (at Route 40/I-70 a block beyond the Walmart complex - yes, I just used a Walmart as a landmark. Don't go to that Walmart after dark alone.) Dr. Switzer is only at the clinic a few days a week, so call ahead as far as you can for appointments. I thought he was a good vet, maybe not as experienced with chameleons specifically as I would have liked. They announce your appointment over the PA using your pet's name - it was hilarious: "Ferdinand Jackson to see Dr. Schweizer!" Very nice staff.

I have heard good things about Dr. Brock Exline at KC Veterinary Center in Waldo (on Wornall a couple of blocks from Waldo Pizza) but have not taken an animal to him.

I don't know if either group does boarding - I would be a bit nervous about boarding, but at home pet sitting would be very different.

Oh, I've seen your name tossed around a few times regarding KC. ;) I'm on State Line (Both the road and the actual state line ;) ) so the Waldo one would be really convenient. I think I've heard good things about him as well in my research.

And ya know, out here, Walmarts ARE a landmark... I don't think I'd go anywhere in Independence by myself at night :ROFLMAO:

but any and all advice about reptiles in the area would be greatly appreciated.

I'm taking the fur baby to KC Vet Center tonight for a red eye. Turns out it's a 5 minute drive from my house!! I'll ask about their Cham Care! :)

Back
Top Bottom