New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

So we brought him back and the people at petsmart tried to tell us he is not sick and it was our fault he is in this shape... The lady said I was not following the care guide good enough tht petsmart gives you upon adoption but yet that care guide is 100 percent wrong

Lady had ABSOLUTELY zero knowledge of them and actually blamed me for it, not suggested just blaintently said it was my fault so naturally after receiving my money I had to inform her how ignorant she is.
Also I did notice the gaping we discussed beofre we got him he was gaping in the cage but at the time I thought it was normal. She then proceeds to tell me why did you even purchase him if he was doing tht... Like they are content with letting there sick animals die in there care but not others who would actually love them

The guide is TERRIBLE and I only followed it for the first few hours before discovering this forum.. But I'm already feeling bad enough but to then have someone with even less knowledge then me tell me it's my fualt why he jis in the shape he is in... Like they have no right to care for chams if they have no clue how to properly care for them

most people probably dont know to recognize the signs of an unhealthy one till their dead. if the cham is at petco awhile before someone buys them.... chances of them being ok are worse and worse. I HATE PETCO!! once, my friend asked the petco person about their chameleons, and the person said, "oh, it died of starvation, but it ok, we'll just get another one" wth?????? IT SHOULD BE FREAKING ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO OWN ANY SORT OF ANIMAL!!

I'm sorry but I had to share this on the forum.. This was just to absurd, and ik Im new to Cham world but I can definitely tell you he did not get an RI in the 4 days I had him and he definitely did not start to develop JVB deficiency in my care in that time either

most people probably dont know to recognize the signs of an unhealthy one till their dead. if the cham is at petco awhile before someone buys them.... chances of them being ok are worse and worse. I HATE PETCO!! once, my friend asked the petco person about their chameleons, and the person said, "oh, it died of starvation, but it ok, we'll just get another one" wth?????? IT SHOULD BE FREAKING ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO OWN ANY SORT OF ANIMAL!!
They can probly take care of cats and dogs But chams are just to high maintenance and require specific knowledge tht 90 percent of their employees do not have at all. They way she was talking she was making it sound like this was a easy pet

Back
Top Bottom