New Cham blew nose bubble

Kaitcham

hello,
I got a veiled chameleon yesterday and today I heard a pop sound and her nostril was a little moist. I’m worried she may have a uri

hello,
I got a veiled chameleon yesterday and today I heard a pop sound and her nostril was a little moist. I’m worried she may have a uri
She does have a little bit of shed by her nose too. Last night her cage temp was 60.. is that too low?

Did you actually see a bubble? Veiled chameleons can handle night time temperature drops all the way to the low 50s. Have you seen her gaping or hear a popping noise when she opens her mouth at all?

Did you actually see a bubble? Veiled chameleons can handle night time temperature drops all the way to the low 50s. Have you seen her gaping or hear a popping noise when she opens her mouth at all?

No I didn’t see a bubble and she hasn’t opened her mouth at all. Her cage is 72. I put a light blanket over most of the cage last night and woke up in the middle of the night to check temperature and it was 60. She is a juvenile I got yesterday maybe 3-4 months?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just keep a close eye on her. Do you have everything you need to prepare a lay bin for her? I'd you'd like, fill out the how to ask for help from and post it in a reply to this thread so we can give you some feedback on your set up, supplements, lighting, etc.

YOU CHAMELEON: veiled female unsure of age maybe 4 months?
HANDELING: since I got her twice for a minute or two
FEEDING:crickets so far. She didn’t want the wax worms so far
SUPPLEMENTS: calcium dust on crickets
WATTERING: mist every time tank is dry. 3 to 4 times a day
FECEAL: white
CAGE INFO...
CAGE TYPE:all screen medium repti breeze 16x16x30
LIGHTING:ubv13w and heat 60w
TEMPERATURE: 73 at the moment
HUMIDITY: don’t have a reader will go buy one today
PLANTS:yes false plants
PLACEMENT: corner of my living room
WHERE I AM GEOGRAPH..... LOCATED AT: western Canada
CURRENT PROBLEM: I want to make sure she is getting everything she needs and I’m not missing anything!

Attachments

• 35B1324E-5B3B-4E62-B75A-B868ADCF0598.jpeg
    35B1324E-5B3B-4E62-B75A-B868ADCF0598.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 107
  • FDDF492A-EE43-4481-B279-3B755D429301.jpeg
    FDDF492A-EE43-4481-B279-3B755D429301.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 106
Another

Attachments

• 3178CF84-7349-4F7A-A5F1-637B703EBA18.jpeg
    3178CF84-7349-4F7A-A5F1-637B703EBA18.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 289B86B1-DEA1-4B3E-8F70-B020DD0C120E.jpeg
    289B86B1-DEA1-4B3E-8F70-B020DD0C120E.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 106
YOU CHAMELEON: veiled female unsure of age maybe 4 months?
HANDELING: since I got her twice for a minute or two
FEEDING:crickets so far. She didn’t want the wax worms so far
SUPPLEMENTS: calcium dust on crickets
WATTERING: mist every time tank is dry. 3 to 4 times a day
FECEAL: white
CAGE INFO...
CAGE TYPE:all screen medium repti breeze 16x16x30
LIGHTING:ubv13w and heat 60w
TEMPERATURE: 73 at the moment
HUMIDITY: don’t have a reader will go buy one today
PLANTS:yes false plants
PLACEMENT: corner of my living room
WHERE I AM GEOGRAPH..... LOCATED AT: western Canada
CURRENT PROBLEM: I want to make sure she is getting everything she needs and I’m not missing anything!

What do you gutload with? How often do you dust and with what? How long do you mist for? When you get the money, invest in a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture and an automated misting system. What’s the basking and ambient temps? Have you read the veiled care sheet here? It might just be me, but her eyes look a little sunken it, she could be dehydrated. Her cage needs more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, everywhere, along with more plant cover

I gutload with cricket quencher yellow jelly. Is that okay? I’ve been doing 10 crickets a day, I’ll just keep adding more when she is low in her tank.

I mist until the cage is dripping so about two minutes. Then when the cage is dry I do it again.

As for temps the tank stays at around 71-75. Basking is 84.

I took this picture right after I got her. I was worried that she did look dehydrated but her eyes are good now I have been misting regularly. Just haven’t seen her drink yet.

I gutload with cricket quencher yellow jelly. Is that okay? I’ve been doing 10 crickets a day, I’ll just keep adding more when she is low in her tank.

I mist until the cage is dripping so about two minutes. Then when the cage is dry I do it again.

As for temps the tank stays at around 71-75. Basking is 84.

I took this picture right after I got her. I was worried that she did look dehydrated but her eyes are good now I have been misting regularly. Just haven’t seen her drink yet.
Cricket Quencher is only a watering gel, not a gutload. Get a quality gutload like Cricket Crack, Mazuri, Pangea, or Repashy.

I dust with repti calcium by zoomed. I put a little bit in and shake the container. I do this with every feeding.

I dust with repti calcium by zoomed. I put a little bit in and shake the container. I do this with every feeding.
Dust every feeder right before you feed them off with phosphorous-free calcium without D3 every feeding, phosphorous-free calcium with D3 twice monthly, and a multivitamin twice monthly

I have the multi vitamin that came with the cage kit by zoomed and I bought some of the calcium with d3. I’m going to get a mister when I upgrade his cage in the next couple months

Thank you sooooo much! So helpful!!:D

Welcome to the chameleon family! More branches going across the top and foliage would also be helpful. You should have to look pretty hard to find your chameleon in there.

You can give your feeders fresh fruits and veggies as well that are chameleon safe. I don't use water crystals, the crickets get their hydration from the fresh fruits and vegetables. I also use a dry gut load as well. Here is just a small list I have on hand without looking anything up.
Screenshot_20180810-214032.png

Also, you never responded in regards to the lay bin. You need to have one, females can produce eggs without mating as early as 6 months of age.

Here’s lay bin info and gutload info

Attachments

• 921EFD8E-11EB-4A49-A854-5AA9A34E5A19.png
    921EFD8E-11EB-4A49-A854-5AA9A34E5A19.png
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 295942C1-D13B-4FF3-95CA-35E560E87D87.png
    295942C1-D13B-4FF3-95CA-35E560E87D87.png
    786.8 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom