New Cage!

Jweezy

Hello

I have got Jasmine a new big cage, it is 24'24'48

she seems to love it still adjusting but getting use to her big new crib. I am still putting limbs/bendy branches and stuff up in the cage but I thought id show off my progress and i am open to comments and ideas to making her cage better and having a great environment for her.

So feel free to let me know.

thanks

Looks GREAT! Only thing I would add is a little more coverage toward the top area, cover all of the screen with some fake foliage. Looks good so far, make sure and post more pictures when your done!:)

Looks good. I would 2nd the comment about adding more foliage in the top part. They like the cover, provides more leaves to hold water droplets, and it also gives more stuff to crawl through during a shed.

Looks good. I would 2nd the comment about adding more foliage in the top part. They like the cover, provides more leaves to hold water droplets, and it also gives more stuff to crawl through during a shed.

Yeah, it'll also keep the water from mistings from getting onto your back wall. :D

Yo im doing a very similar setup, what are the details to the enclosure? What kind of Cham do u have?

It looks good! I like the tree that is on the left, what is that? On the backing of all of our cages, we bought plastic to drape on the outside and the sides to help keep moisture in during these dry winter months. We used strips of velcro along the top edges of the cages and the plastic sheets (cut into 3 separate sections) this way we can take it on and off without it looking terrible. You may want to consider something like that.

We have bird ladders in our cages too, where the basking area is though. They use it as basking ledge. Our panthers love them! Ours are from an actual bird store. They have a lot more to choose from if you can find one.

Spencer-its just a 24'24'48 screened cage with two schefflera plants with bend branches and real branches I found, I have 2 bird ladders found at petsmart. I have a Female Veiled she is about 4 months old. Then i have drainage underneath the plants to a plastic bin.

Mr wilson- It is a schefflera I got at home depot

thanks everyone for advice n ideas

very cool updated:) the scheffleras look like both aboricola and actinophylla am I correct? you said you found the branches. did you wash off with soap and stick em in the oven? that is what i have been told to do. I have one of those little latters but Mardi never cares to climb on it :/

Well the little plant is an arbicola and the big one is a Schefflera Amate "big umbrella plant"

I did wash them real good with soap and water and rub them good them my hands so no lose bark or particles came off but I did not put them in the over she has been climbing on these branches for like 3 1/2 months she had same branches in her small cage.

Jasmine loves the ladders especially the back one because thats right by the window so she sits on there and looks out the window while the sun is out.

hahaha very nice yes she loves it I didn't figure she would climb on it but she does. Money well spent

Back
Top Bottom