New cage setup.

Where did you get the chains? Do you know what the weight limit is per chain? Im thinking of running one across the top of the cage to hang my pothos on. Im curious if it will support the weight.

Assuming its 1 inch chain, I think 1 inch plastic chain has a breaking strength of like 60-70 pounds, don't quote me on that lol, but I believe it something around there so it should be more than enough to support a hanging plant.

Hi,
does the dowel swing or roll? I think you are looking for plant caddies and they are available at lowes or home depot..
pd_225080-29597-C351-62_0__

Maybe I'm an idiot but can you explain to me a little more about the process of getting the clips attached? You screw holes to stick the clips through?

It depends on the cage. There are a few that come with holes predrilled. Mine didn't have predrilled holes, so I used small 1/2 inch long self tapping screws. If you drive them too far, they will make a pointy bulge at the top (outside) of your cage. I didn't want to mess with making pilot hole, because aluminum can be touchy as far as stripping out easily. The self tapping screws made it super easy to install the clips.

It depends on the cage. There are a few that come with holes predrilled. Mine didn't have predrilled holes, so I used small 1/2 inch long self tapping screws. If you drive them too far, they will make a pointy bulge at the top (outside) of your cage. I didn't want to mess with making pilot hole, because aluminum can be touchy as far as stripping out easily. The self tapping screws made it super easy to install the clips.

I used 3/8 stainless screws. No pilot hole, just a little pressure and they go right in. Helps to have a cordless drill though.:)

Back
Top Bottom