New cage setup. Critiques please!

Toph00

Here are some pictures of my new 2x2x4 Cage and its setup. Please let me know what y'all think about it.
Thanks!

P.s.- I almost always have the blinds in the window up for him because he likes to look down at the street and watch the cars go by but there was too much glare so I put the blinds down ;P

First picture-The cage.

Second picture-Close up of the upper half of the cage. I will be adding more fake vines soon since it is looking a little bare.

Third picture-I have drilled holes in to the bottom of the cage where the water gathers mostly and put some tupperware buckets to cage the dripping.

Fourth picture-I haven't really figured out where I should put the Mistking nozzle for the misting. (Ideas on where to put would help :) )

Fifth picture-My 5 gallon paint bucket used to hold the water for the Mistking. And no, I DO NOT use that Flukers calcium junk for the crickets. I have Bug Burger, I just have been too lazy to throw the quench cubes away lol

Attachments

• IMG_0879[1].jpg
    IMG_0879[1].jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0881[1].jpg
    IMG_0881[1].jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0875[1].jpg
    IMG_0875[1].jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0876[1].jpg
    IMG_0876[1].jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0878[1].jpg
    IMG_0878[1].jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 157
Looks good, I would just add more foliage towards the middle/bottom area so your cham has more temp differences within the enclosure.

The top half looks good but the bottom is very naked! He's going to feel too vulnerable going down to that part so he's not going to use it much so it will be wasted space. More branches (you can get some outside for free) and more plants would really make it. Scheffleras are great plants that fill up space so another one that's smaller and bushier on the bottom would be perfect.

Should I just grab a bunch of leafless branches and tie then up in the middle to lower half? I can go buy some cheap fake vines with leaves on them to give him more of a hidden feel when he goes down there

branches with leaves for the bottom half would be highly advised...fake vines are okay, but if you can get real ones that you can upkeep, that would be better. other than that, it's a solid set-up.

I agree on more foliage.. It will help to keep the humidity, your cham will have lots of places to hide and it looks great when the enclosure looks like a tropical jungle!!:)
Nice and neat thou!

I was asking if Lowes would have any REAL vines I could use. They have a nursery for plants.

would Lowes carry any cham safe vines I could buy?

Lowes does carry some nice safe vine type plants that would looks good and fill it in more. They usually carry Golden Pothos and sometimes you can find Wandering Jew. I usually put some sticks that have fallen from my trees (after they have been baked to be safe) within the vines to keep them stiffer in areas.

You are off to a very nice start with your enclosure. :) I'm sure it will be awesome once you fill it in more. Are you going to put your Mist King on the inside of the enclosure? I would.

Yes, more vines..If money is an issue, you can buy "Soaker hose" from Lowe's..It looks almost like the fake vines sold at pet stores, but is much cheaper (10 dollars for 25 feet).

Also, i have my mistking nozzles inside the cages..

K9Luvn- I know I am supposed to wash plants I put in, what do you mean by baking?

Also, I would like to put the Mistking inside the cage, I just havent found the best way to put a hole in the mesh to get the nozzle through. How did y'all put your Mistkings in your cages?

K9Luvn- I know I am supposed to wash plants I put in, what do you mean by baking?

Also, I would like to put the Mistking inside the cage, I just havent found the best way to put a hole in the mesh to get the nozzle through. How did y'all put your Mistkings in your cages?

I'm sorry I didn't mean to bake the plants. I mean that I bake the branches of fallen limbs from trees in my yard that I put in cages. I wind my vine plants around sticks/branches to help them feel sturdier.

Back
Top Bottom