New cage is finally here!

Heika

At long last, Spencer's new cage is here! And, it has wheels! And, it has surpassed my expectations! It is beautiful!!

Anyhow, I am really happy with it. My uncle needs to go into business, it really is perfect. I haven't finished setting it up completely yet, it needs more plants at the top, etc. I will work on it over the next couple of days. Please ignore the mess.. I had to move stuff to put this one in, and there is stuff laying everywhere now, wires in piles.. lordy.

Here are a few pics:

cage2.jpg

cagefloor.jpg

cagetray.jpg

cagetallerbucket.jpg

cagecheckout.jpg

cagelookindown.jpg

Wow, Heika, when we instant messaged about this I had no clue it would be so clean, yet elaborate. Your uncle has outdone himself. You must pass on my regards- as im sure others will ask you to do aswell. Send him up north, as I have 12 cages that need to be built soon.

Spencer is a lucky guy to have such an awesome palace to thrive in. Surely he will be content. Best of luck ro tou with him now that he has surpassed those health difficulties.

Thanks, I am.. ecstatic! I will pass on the compliments!

Will, I don't think we talked about Spencer's new one, did we? I have a second cage that will be here on Saturday, but it is a big cabinet style cage with four enclosures that we talked about. I haven't decided what I will do with the one coming on Saturday.. maybe leaf chams, maybe.. ermm.. gila monsters...? :D

Heika

Spencer's "movin on up"!

Awesome Heika!! How exciting. It's like moving into a new apartment. You Uncle did an amazing job. I love the wheels, very convenient. I am sure a lot of us here could keep you uncle really busy.*wink* *wink*:D What type of mesh/screen did he use? The holes look nice and big, but not big enough to let the crawlies out. I would love to see a picture when you have it totally set up.;)

Chamomile T said:
Awesome Heika!! How exciting. It's like moving into a new apartment. You Uncle did an amazing job. I love the wheels, very convenient. I am sure a lot of us here could keep you uncle really busy.*wink* *wink*:D What type of mesh/screen did he use? The holes look nice and big, but not big enough to let the crawlies out. I would love to see a picture when you have it totally set up.;)

I really am stunned at how nice it turned out! Thanks!

I bought the screen online. It is 8 mesh plastic fish pond screen. So far, so good... its visibility is really good. Now, I just need to see how it will hold up.

Heika

Wow

wow...wow...wow...and wow! It is just beautiful and functional and perfect! 'Nuff said. (as she shuffles off grumbling to herself how some people have all the luck and talented relatives! :) )

Thank you again, everyone.. I am so happy with it!

I am not sure what kind of drain pipe fitting was used, as my uncle built it. He made the drain... his own invention here. But, I haven't got any idea of what type of fitting it is. It may be the drain that came with the pan, but he added PVC pipe to it also. Here is a close up of the drain...

cagedrain.jpg

i seen lots of cages that people made ,most of them look homemade , that one looks like its factory made.
thing is i aint seen to many chameleons like that one before , looks super healthy.

Thanks.. :D Spencer is coming along pretty well, even if I do worry and fuss over him.

I will ask my uncle if he wants to get into the cage building business, but I am pretty sure the answer will be no. He is retired and supplements his income as an artist. He doesn't advertise, but he has more demand than he has time already, and he is making pretty good side money with it. Who knows, maybe he will want to put together a few cages. If he does, I will post it.

Heika

How'd he do that?

Hey,

I was so inspired by your dad's creation that I am tempted to try and make a similar cage but I have a couple questions that I am not able to figure out from the pictures.

1) What size/what type mesh did he use on the cage and where did he get it? Is it small enough to contain roaches and crickets, or do you only feed by cup?

2) What type of pan or sink did he use to line the bottom? Where did he get it?(I went to Lowe's today to see if I could find something like that, but only found a shower bottom or laundry sink, both of which don't look as shallow or as small in dimentions.)

3)Is the top portion of the cage afixed to the underlying pan, or do you just use the weight to sit it on top for easier cleaning?

4) Is the metal bar your cham is seen on just a perch or is this part of a misting system? Do you have an in home automated misting system?

Thanks,
Matthew

Back
Top Bottom