New cage complete and all set up!

Well great. My uvb bulb just burnt out, and luckily I have a replacement, but I'm going to have to run it all night tonight to make sure it's not putting out boosted uvb levels from being a new bulb. Should that be enough time to lower the output to the usual levels?

Well great. My uvb bulb just burnt out, and luckily I have a replacement, but I'm going to have to run it all night tonight to make sure it's not putting out boosted uvb levels from being a new bulb. Should that be enough time to lower the output to the usual levels?

You could hang it a bit higher up off the top of his cage for a few days.

So they actually do not have major increased levels at first. I have testes multiple arcadia bulbs. But you still need to make sure that it is lifted which we spoke about because babies screen climb. So single bulb t5ho fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb needs to be lifted 4 inches off the top then you will have a branch 5 inches below the screen... So this stays the same even with a new bulb.

So they actually do not have major increased levels at first. I have testes multiple arcadia bulbs. But you still need to make sure that it is lifted which we spoke about because babies screen climb. So single bulb t5ho fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb needs to be lifted 4 inches off the top then you will have a branch 5 inches below the screen... So this stays the same even with a new bulb.

I’ve never used an Arcadia bulb but I know the Zoo Med Reptisun puts off allot more UV the first few days. Than’ you for helping with the Arcadia.

I’ve never used an Arcadia bulb but I know the Zoo Med Reptisun puts off allot more UV the first few days. Than’ you for helping with the Arcadia.
As long as the distances are done correctly it will be fine. Honestly they start off right where they need to be IME and then they gradually reduce in output.

Quick update- I removed all solid pots but left the pots that look like these, because the plastic has holes that I assume the little guy could climb on. I currently have 2 of those in the cage, but not where he could fall in accidentally. One is along a center branch at a 45 degree angle and another is at the same angle along the top back wall
Just make sure there’s no sharp edges in there you could probably sand or dremel them down if there is any

Just make sure there’s no sharp edges in there you could probably sand or dremel them down if there is any
The pots are all rounded at the edges, and the ones with holes that arent holding plants are pretty wide. Just to make sure though, I have run my finger down each part that could be sharp to see if it would give me a papercut, and if it did, I sanded it down.

Back
Top Bottom