New cage complete and all set up!

Coop

Avid Member
It is done! I have corrected all husbandry points directed to me by @Beman and I will post my husbandry check in a comment below.

Attachments

• 7A8B17CE-E28D-4182-86BD-B9DF73287800.jpeg
    7A8B17CE-E28D-4182-86BD-B9DF73287800.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2C6F3367-12F6-485B-B116-BD96B8EC7422.jpeg
    2C6F3367-12F6-485B-B116-BD96B8EC7422.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 119
  • D81067D9-CE29-4E41-9B12-E4ED810C8AD6.jpeg
    D81067D9-CE29-4E41-9B12-E4ED810C8AD6.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 113
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Nosey Be panther chameleon, almost 4 months old
Handling - n/a
Feeding - I will be feeding crickets, super worms, bsfl, and hornworms. I am setting up breeding pins for crickets and plan on gut loading with repashy bug burger and super load. ( I believe that is what it’s called?)
Supplements - Arcadia eathpro-a every day and repashy capsicum plus lod two Sunday’s a month
Watering - A monsoon mister, planned to go off during daylight hours for a minute in the morning, a minute in the afternoon, and a minute at night.
Fecal Description - n/a
History -n/a

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 24x24x48 dragon strand screen cage, comes with pvc backing. Cage has been lifted at the back by 1/2 inch to promote drainage.
Lighting - 75 watt repti-spot basking bulb, will be lifted off the cage by clamps. t5ho reptisun 5.0, lifted off the cage by wood blocks and a wire rack by 4 inches. Jungle dawn will be arriving later, I may buy a Sansi grow bulb to go in the dual fixture to replace it.
Temperature - 80.4 at basking, 66.7 at lowest
Humidity - 45 at basking, 63 within plants. I have not misted the cage, however.
Plants - pothos, bromeliad, philodendron, ficus
Placement - on a table in my room, elevated to a total height of about 7 feet
Location - Petaluma, California

Quick question-is It okay if there are some empty pots on the branches so I can put in plants later? Or should I remove them?

The basking bulb is 5 inches and the uvb is 8 inches
Remember to double check temps at the basking and make sure it is not hotter then 80 on the screen. Put your hand there if it feels hot then it is too hot for baby. Lower wattage regular incandescent bulbs are going to be better since it is a close distance. I do not think you would need more then a 40-60watt max.

Remember to double check temps at the basking and make sure it is not hotter then 80 on the screen. Put your hand there if it feels hot then it is too hot for baby. Lower wattage regular incandescent bulbs are going to be better since it is a close distance. I do not think you would need more then a 40-60watt max.
As of now, the basking is at 77. I'll check the screen temp as well. As for the extra pots, I'll remove them right away.

Quick update- I removed all solid pots but left the pots that look like these, because the plastic has holes that I assume the little guy could climb on. I currently have 2 of those in the cage, but not where he could fall in accidentally. One is along a center branch at a 45 degree angle and another is at the same angle along the top back wall

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 51
Would you guys recommend a jungle dawn or a sansi grow bulb? My order didn't go through on Josh's Frogs for the jungle dawn (No fault of theirs, I just messed up entering information), so I have a chance to order either.

Back
Top Bottom