New cage coming!

Freedom1

Since im still a teenager I haven't had enough money to buy my chameleon the bigger cage that she needs. My Mom thought that it was unnecessary to spend so much money on a reptile:( Recently I got a job to help pay for it and I was able to convince her to buy a bigger cage for my upcoming birthday!! I'm looking into the Tall Screen Dragon Stand enclosure. I have found a bigger 24" T5HO hood with a 22" 5.0 T5ho Uvb bulb to use with her new cage. I have a Ti plant, Golden Pothos, and a snake plant in her current cage, but I plan to add more plants to the new one when it arrives. (any suggestions on new plants are welcome). I am also going to buy a bigger cage stand (desk) and a taller Lamp Holder (Exo Terra Lamp Holder). I just want to know if im missing anything else that I need to buy for a cage upgrade. Also, are there any tips on how to make the move less stressful for her? She's almost 3 years old and has grown quite accustomed to the cage that she has now. Either way, I won't be-able to move her into the new cage for a couple months. One reason is because the cage is coming around my birthday, May 28th! Another reason is that she is around laying time again and I believe that she's holding eggs. I don't want to stress her out even more and move her around the time she's supposed to lay.

Also I have a gnat problem with my soil... is there any way to save the current Plants that I have? Or should I just dump them and buy all new plants.

Back
Top Bottom