New cage advice

Kamran_k

Established Member
So today I rehoused my Jacksons chameleon into his new enclosure and it is the Large Keeper Cage from Dragon Strand and it is a Bit bare so I was wondering which plants to include to fill up the cage a bit more. Also I was thinking of ditching the vines I use and just have my cage filled with plants. Would you guys recommend no vines and just a bunch of plants or a good balance between. I am looking for a big tree right now that is big enough where he can get to the light and bask what would you guys recommend. Right now I have a Spider Plant, Pothos, Money Tree, Weeping Fig (I want to get a new weeping fig because I had to cut this one down in order to fit in my cage), Palmer Palm (Still very small but I'm excited to see it grow). I did have a hibiscus but it died I am thinking of getting another one. Which taller trees would you guys recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpeg
    IMG_2370.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 164
More plants are always good and more horizontal branches...I searched enclosure pics here on the forum to get ideas on how to mount plants and where to put the branches.

Fill it up. The more braches, foliage and vines, the better. That way, you can create several bio-climatic zones for your cham and he/she can pick out a few favorite places to hang out. Don't forget to create a few hiding places where your cham can get away when feeling stressed out.

Back
Top Bottom