New Background for enclosure

Guardian

Just like home.......

20080119_IMG_0212760x1140.jpg
[/IMG]

~~G:)

Kind of cool :)

I think it's cool looking. I was wondering what it was at first too. I like it more and more, as I continue to look at it. It's artistic, people! The vines, etc. are sprouting from it. Looks like cork pieces. Very easy to climb on for a cham too, I would imagine. I like it. Nice work :)

I think it is really creative and I bet your cham loves it!! Did you use 'great stuff' with cork bark imbedded in it? I've sone the same thing for my Crested Gecko set ups but I glued (with silicone) coconut fibre onto the foam 'Fun Stuff' instead of painting it. Nice to see someone being imaginative with their enclosures!

It looks very creative and interesting to me. It's obvious that how it looks in person, and how it comes across in the flash photography are definitely two different things. The glare from flash can do strange things with color and texture.

My husband and I have been wondering about using rope for a climbing interface.

Guardian- do you find your cham(s) using the rope very much? Do their nails get stuck in it or do they seem to navigate it pretty well?

i also would like to know if the chams like to use the rope as well. i would think you could do a lot with rope in a cham cage. it would be like a cham jungle gym.:D

I used a 2x4 ft plastic light panel as the base, loaded it with 2 types of Great Stuff and a foam manufacted by DAP (too soft). After GS I sunk cork bark, habba branches and several small shelves that I made out of styrofoam and plaster cloth into the GS and let it dry/cure. I masked off these items and went to town with different colors of paint(acrylic).
After allowing to dry for a couple days, I sprayed it down with Rustoleum's "Painter's Touch" a clear coat protector. The bamboo was found at a craft's store and the stems were simply poked through in the areas of desire. I siliconed them in place from behind and allowed to dry. When I was satisfied it was all dry I put it into the shower to test for any chemical run off. It slides into the cage and fits snug w/o tie downs.

Ms. Creecher loves it! She climbs up and down, scaling the wall like Spiderman. She seems comfortable with the ropes and so far has not had any nail issues. This was a spontaneous creation and my first attempt with building my own creation. Once fully cured the materials used are not harmful in any way to the cham.

I learned so much from building this enclosure and I want to start another one as they are easy to install.

Thank you for the positive feedback!!!!
~~~G

If you and your chameleon are happy what can be better. At least you have the conviction in your abilities to show pics of your enclosure. As far as negative responses go remember its easy to be rude.

Back
Top Bottom