New Background for enclosure

If everyone wants to be honest (but slightly blunt :p) , then I'll contribute as well. Here are the problems I see. It's evident that you were aiming for something natural-like, but the black silicone, and the plastic plants do not help with that. Covering the silicone is easy to do with a substance like coconut fiber, and will fill the motar gaps while keeping it looking much more natural. Secondly, instead of fake vines, you could instead use Pothos and have it root right into the corkbark. Or, similarly you could add miniature pots into the wall and put plant into them.

I think it's a good first run, but improvements could be made easily.

Here are some step by step images to show you what can be done with a bit of time, but minimal costs, materials, and effort. http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery/talltank/page1.html

I like it too... and its obvious you are an artistic person. However, like some said before, it has room for some improvements. At first glance, I liked the rope idea, it seemed more natural and went away from the norm fake vines we all have. But after looking at it some more I began to think that after many waterings it could harbor bacteria. Id also grab a pothos. I have 3 already and I love how long the vines get. Im hoping to get like a cubic foot of vine canopy going once they all grow out. I think all enclosures need a pothos or two.

Nice one! I agree that pothos would be awesome! They grow like nothing else! You could rig it up so it would climb up your wall! That would be awesome! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom