New Baby

I work with nuts and bolts as part of my job and got triggered when I saw the word wrench. If you’re already leaky I would go with Gingeros suggestion and silicone it up if tightening doesn’t do it. Also might be a good precaution anyway.
Lol #triggers you're probably right silicone the best route.

Haha, also sorry for delving into a question you didn’t even ask. But welcome to the forums. Your Kammer boy is going to be awesome! Who is the sire?

Haha, also sorry for delving into a question you didn’t even ask. But welcome to the forums. Your Kammer boy is going to be awesome! Who is the sire?
Lol it's ok! Update boyfriend got home and with a turn of the pliers got it tight no leak so far. His sire is Don Martell.

Aww man you should’ve watched my timer video! I know the timer struggles all too well haha

I’ll drop it here for anyone else who needs help:

That's great!. Too bad I didn't see it sooner. It was actually an old thread on here I found that explained I was setting the off time wrong lol.

Haha I almost mentioned but didn’t. I did watch this video and it helped me on my first go around. So thanks a bunch!
Woohoo! Glad the video saved another soul. I was pretty sure I wasn’t the only one who was having a hard time setting it up *face palm*

Woohoo! Glad the video saved another soul. I was pretty sure I wasn’t the only one who was having a hard time setting it up *face palm*
And mist king is no help. It says go to this website but there was no help there either. I figured out the timer pretty well just not the "off" factor.

And mist king is no help. It says go to this website but there was no help there either. I figured out the timer pretty well just not the "off" factor.

Not that this matters anymore, but the directions for the mist king say to drill at 5/8" hole for a loose fit and 9/16" for a tight fit. I'm going based off memory here. Either way, I have always used the tight fit option and never had leaks. It's a PITA to get in the hole tho so just be patient with it. Hope that helps.

When my first Mist King timer broke after I dropped it in water, I spoke with Marty at Mist King who sent me a new timer for free. The second timer lost a little silicone button after having it for a few years. I took it with me to a reptile show and the guy that usually works at those (whose name I forget) replaced it, again, for free. In my experience, I can say that they are very good about making the customer satisfied. Good customer service is always better even if the product is a bit difficult sometimes :)

Not that this matters anymore, but the directions for the mist king say to drill at 5/8" hole for a loose fit and 9/16" for a tight fit. I'm going based off memory here. Either way, I have always used the tight fit option and never had leaks. It's a PITA to get in the hole tho so just be patient with it. Hope that helps.

When my first Mist King timer broke after I dropped it in water, I spoke with Marty at Mist King who sent me a new timer for free. The second timer lost a little silicone button after having it for a few years. I took it with me to a reptile show and the guy that usually works at those (whose name I forget) replaced it, again, for free. In my experience, I can say that they are very good about making the customer satisfied. Good customer service is always better even if the product is a bit difficult sometimes :)
You are absolutely correct with the size of the openings. I did use the tight fit option. It worked just a small trickle which the bf got fixed once he got home and applied his manly strength and a pair of pliers lol.
I'm sure Mist King is more than willing to help. I did not contact them, I just meant that the instruction manual was no help. I'm sure if I had contacted the. They would've helped. Fortunately like I said I was able to correct what I was doing wrong by finding and old post on here. So far so good. No leaks. The sprayer is working and I did not find any errant crickets in his enclosure so i assume he is eating. He hid from me today i didn't see him at all but i threw in a few crickets and let him be.

You are absolutely correct with the size of the openings. I did use the tight fit option. It worked just a small trickle which the bf got fixed once he got home and applied his manly strength and a pair of pliers lol.
I'm sure Mist King is more than willing to help. I did not contact them, I just meant that the instruction manual was no help. I'm sure if I had contacted the. They would've helped. Fortunately like I said I was able to correct what I was doing wrong by finding and old post on here. So far so good. No leaks. The sprayer is working and I did not find any errant crickets in his enclosure so i assume he is eating. He hid from me today i didn't see him at all but i threw in a few crickets and let him be.

What a nice fella doing that for you! He's a keeper haha
I'm glad you got it fixed. These misters are great and reliable unlike many other brands.

Unrelated to the misting thing, you can always make/buy a feeder cup that attaches to the enclosure. You can use these cups to track how much your chameleon is eating or if he's not eating at all.

You can make one out of a milk carton/water carton

A lot of members use Full Throttle Feeders Feeder cup. I have five of them and they're great. They use magnets to attach to the cage which makes it convenient to detach and not damage the screen.
https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/product-page/magnetic-camo-feeder-cup

What a nice fella doing that for you! He's a keeper haha
I'm glad you got it fixed. These misters are great and reliable unlike many other brands.

Unrelated to the misting thing, you can always make/buy a feeder cup that attaches to the enclosure. You can use these cups to track how much your chameleon is eating or if he's not eating at all.

You can make one out of a milk carton/water carton

A lot of members use Full Throttle Feeders Feeder cup. I have five of them and they're great. They use magnets to attach to the cage which makes it convenient to detach and not damage the screen.
https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/product-page/magnetic-camo-feeder-cup

Thanks! I did get one and he kind of looked at it like what the heck am I supposed to do with that lol.

Back
Top Bottom